Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
I'm sure you are already done but ah well i will post it anyhow.

A few months ago, I think it was HCI mag had this Integra with a huge custom turbo job. Anyhow the wastegate pipe was actually plumped into a 4 cycle motorcycle muffler than vented to the atmostphere. He ended up cutting a hole in the bumper just aft of the driver side front wheel to sitck out the tip of the muffler. The way it was done actually looked VERY pleasing to the eye and until I read the article I actually had no idea it was a muffler tip.

I think I still have the mag, and although I don't have a scanner I could take pics with my digital camera if you like, it has some good detailed pics of this setup i just described.

2000 Cougar V6 MTX 2001 3.0L Swap w/ PnP Heads - It ran, it boomed, it RUNS AGAIN Nearly all suspension mods Big ass stereo ...and more... See Her Here
W
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Go ahead, I'll take a look at anything. It is wasy to add something to the wastegate pipe. Right now I haven't even test fitted the plastic air-dam to make sure it won't get melted. It is firing straight at the pavement right now and I'm hoping it will sound cool but not too loud when I get on it. The wastegate isn't open under various levels of idle and cruise, only WOT.
I am trying to figure out what kind of pump to use for the liquid side of my intercooler right now.
Any advice? I have an extra fuel pump that I wonder if it would work. I mean if it can handle gasoline it should be able to handle water I would think. 155 LPH.

What do you guys think?

warmonger

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
W
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Here's the plan: I need to get the car running soon and it will take longer to finish the intercooler than I have. So I am going to pull a 'Stazi (sorry Stazi ) and make the intake pipe for now then install the intercooler when I have it set up right.
Here are some pics of the intake piping, test fitted of course as none of it is welded yet. There is also a shot of the piping under the car and one of the oil drain tube that I made. The MAF is an 80mm pro-M that I barely have room for but it DOES FIT!
It should be running soon after I get this piping welded.

warmonger

Test Fitted intake piping
under car shot of pipes
Oil drain tube
80mm pro-M maf in left front bumper area

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
very very nice.. however, your third linky does not work..

2002 Focus ZX3, MTX-75: A good amount of mods 2003 SVT Focus ZX5, Getrag-6: FS Stressbar Best mod ever to my tour: A Beautiful passenger seat filler, that is my girl!!
W
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Check it again, it does now.
You're too quick, I was editing it as you were trying to look.

warmonger

K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by warmonger:
I am trying to figure out what kind of pump to use for the liquid side of my intercooler right now.
Any advice? I have an extra fuel pump that I wonder if it would work. I mean if it can handle gasoline it should be able to handle water I would think. 155 LPH.

What do you guys think?

warmonger

Tom get the pump from BAT, its called a aux heater core pump I beleive, should cost $149 IIRC. I used it on my coolant system with my EWP to run constantly and cycle some warm coolant through my heater core because when it was cold the EWP barely ran making for cold drives!

I beleive its 3GPM at 4' head. More then sufficient for any air/water IC you may come up with.

Nice work and holy fabbing batman! I can't wait to see the final product!

I offer PnP Heads for all durtec's details at PnPheads.com or jesse@pnpheads.com for details.
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
Tom, the filter looks aweful low. Is this the angle or what? I would worry about sucking water into your turbo.

SVT Parts For Sale!PM Me. 2006 M6 Cyclone Gray GTO 1995 Mazda Protege Commuter Special 93 FXDWG Dyna Wide Glide I'm A TROLL Now!~
W
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Jason,
The filter is a little low. The pictures don't give a good 3D sense but the MAF is huge! In order to make it fit I would need an extremely tight radius 3" mandrel bend, or cut notches in it and re-weld to make one tighter like I did on that pipe going into the upper intake.
Besides even if I did that it would only change its orientation and the end of the filter would be a bit higher. Right now the end sits just above the horn and the left fog light...it actually touches both of these with the bumber on. The bottom plastic shield/airdam should keep water out of the filter even if I have to run through heavy water on the streets. In a flood I'll drive something else. Last, if the filter got wet it will cause a restriction, only if it was submerged or continually splashed would it start sucking large amounts of water. There is a product made for this by AEM that has a sort of 'suction release valve' that opens when too great a vacuum is felt on the filter. I will check it after driving in rain one of these days and see how it fares.

Tom

R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
I am pretty sure that the AEM is for N/A applications. the turbo may pull hard enough to open up the flange. Do some research befor your pop $100+ down on it (I don't have to tell you that, though ). Good luck with the project. It is looking very good.

SVT Parts For Sale!PM Me. 2006 M6 Cyclone Gray GTO 1995 Mazda Protege Commuter Special 93 FXDWG Dyna Wide Glide I'm A TROLL Now!~
W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
Tom,
Just curious about your choice of oil pan inlet devices. Did you go with an "AN" bung? The hardline looks good, and it "appears" you did go with an "AN" fitting, but did you weld it in. Trying to figure it out before I recieve my kit from SF, and seeing as the pan is aluminum, I'm curious of everyone's "plan of action".

2002 ZO6...462whp/410wtq pretty darn fast!11.70 @ 122 silver/black 2006 Trailblazer SS(wifes car) silver/black 2000 SVT-Turbo-sold silver/blue #1699/2150 13.83 @ 102.82 on 5psi 13.51 @ 107.56 on 8psi
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard