Originally posted by Stazi the Aussie:
Demon, I think you are looking at the wrong end of the downpipe to me. In one pic it show the exhaust end (not the turbo end) of the downpipe with the flange pointing up. I worked it out - it conect the the downward point flange connected to the rest of his exhaust....

Carry on.

You score an A+ !

I thought that the angle worked best to make room for the flange behind the motor mount and accessing the bolts.
The down-pipe and its connection to the rest of the exhaust is my favorite part because I designed it based on factors I thought were important.

The paint is Thermotec 2000D and its great stuff! It also makes it look pretty. All that stuff is header wrapped now as well so there wont be any heat problems. I might have some piping rot out in a few years but the sad part is I'll probably not be driving it as much now. I decided that I'd get it running then replace pieces of pipe with stainless as necessary. At least the primaries are stainless already.

The back header is done now and painted up also. Its a better design than the front one is. I didn't have it ready when I took the pictures.

warmonger

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black