Originally posted by PDXSVT:

Qbert: Schools/cops/health care were NOT hit first. They were hit LAST. Were you out of the country during our legislature's FIVE special sessions? What's your excuse for NOT knowing what

I'm sorry I disagree. All the legislature did during those 5 sessions was sit around and managed to come up with, "we need to raise taxes". Oregon has the highest property taxes in the nation by almost 2 fold. Out of all the states we are the 10th highest taxed overall. Where is all the money going?

I used to work for higher education, PERS is unbelievable. The state dumps tons of money into that. Portland I believe is the only place releasing criminals early right now, what gives? Schools in southern oregon are not having near the problem that schools up here are, again, what gives? Senate takes a large raise, but won't take a pay cut like they are asking others to do?

Obviously Law Enforcement, Schools, and Health Care, probably are the biggest ticket items, so there are bound to be some cuts. But really, get serious, there are still other programs out there that are state funded that are a lot less important then these issues.

2004 Focus PZEV 2.3L - KW sport suspension, SP camber plates, Eibach front swaybar, FS intake, FS Stealth exhaust, 3.82 Final, Torsen ATB, Prothane MM insert, E1 CSVT wheels 1/4 mile - 15.201@89.4mph