Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
V
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
V
Originally posted by unisys12:
3) Crank whip seems to be the major contributing factor in the spun rod bearing issue.

A question I would like to ask about number 3. Could this be why some of the racing teams use the better material for there connecting rods?

Generally, higher-strength rods are used primarily for their ability to withstand RPM's. I don't know if rod strength would have any effect on crank whip. Just my $0.02.

E0 #36 '95 Ranger '82 Honda CX500
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by rozwell911:
There is a misconception about what causes the main bearings to go in the V6. Terry E-mailed me his answer after reading a bunch of e-mails and posts about what causes it....He wasn't too thrilled...
Quote:

Subj: Tell the fools on CEG...
Date: 1/28/2003 9:13:32 AM Pacific Standard Time
From: To: <a href="mailto:rozwell911@aol.com">secondline@ameritech.net">secondline@ameritech.net</a>
To: <a href="mailto:rozwell911@aol.com

Sent from the Internet (Details)

This is the oil flow to the crak from the pump via the filter to the mail oil gallery to the crank MAIN BEARINGS FIRST...then from drillings in the crank to the rod ends...so whay do few MAIN BEATNGS FAIL and ONLY THE ROD ENDS IF THE ISSUE IS OIL STARVATION...the bloody main would go dry BEFORE the rod end!!!.The crank whip causes the crank to distort and get a 'sliver' of rod end material in the oil holeTHAT COMES FROM THE MAIN...blocks off the feed and the bearing spins...christ cant anyone read the lube circuit on an engine!!!..Fools ,all bloody fools!..TH (PS Have a nice day!)

I hope this somewhat answers questions..

It seems to me that every one is trying to give a meaning to a message coming out from a random-word-generator!

Captain Bart 1999 Black/Midnight Blue SVT #1949/2760 Built on 04/20/1999 Received on 05/07/1999 Sold on 08/03/2006
R
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Captain Bart:
Originally posted by rozwell911:
There is a misconception about what causes the main bearings to go in the V6. Terry E-mailed me his answer after reading a bunch of e-mails and posts about what causes it....He wasn't too thrilled...
Quote:

Subj: Tell the fools on CEG...
Date: 1/28/2003 9:13:32 AM Pacific Standard Time
From: To: <a href="mailto:rozwell911@aol.com">secondline@ameritech.net">secondline@ameritech.net</a>
To: <a href="mailto:rozwell911@aol.com

Sent from the Internet (Details)

This is the oil flow to the crak from the pump via the filter to the mail oil gallery to the crank MAIN BEARINGS FIRST...then from drillings in the crank to the rod ends...so whay do few MAIN BEATNGS FAIL and ONLY THE ROD ENDS IF THE ISSUE IS OIL STARVATION...the bloody main would go dry BEFORE the rod end!!!.The crank whip causes the crank to distort and get a 'sliver' of rod end material in the oil holeTHAT COMES FROM THE MAIN...blocks off the feed and the bearing spins...christ cant anyone read the lube circuit on an engine!!!..Fools ,all bloody fools!..TH (PS Have a nice day!)

I hope this somewhat answers questions..

It seems to me that every one is trying to give a meaning to a message coming out from a random-word-generator!

Im not trying to insult you, or piss you off, but do you even know who Terry Haines is?? And if you do, do you understand where hes comming from??? And im not just talking about the post that is first did with his e-mail.
Im tlaking about his history with the Contour and with Ceg...from what I could tell it wasn;t very good and it wasn't because of the MOD's,people just didn;t seem to be intrested in his advise....and when they did, they did the exact oppsite.

And If you read further in the posts, you can see that many people explained what he was saying.

Im not sayign any of this to piss you off..Im just asking these questions trying to figure out if you really are a newbie or if your a regular...because i have come to find out Post counts don;t mean anything....And if you are a regualr then I respect your opinion because you have definatly seen more thani have.

Roz

Last edited by rozwell911; 02/05/03 04:29 PM.

3.0 SVT hybrid...all the fixens...Track/Race ready very soon!!!!!! 20,000 + miles
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
After both reading and listening to Terry Haines in person, I do believe he is much much better at speaking than at typing his words on a computer.

He truly is two different persons regarding an online persona an the real life, face to face guy. A very engaging and wonderful to listen to speaker.

I don't always agree with his business practices, but I do understand how he came to some of them (witness how many backed out of Aussie Bar GB's in the past), but seldom do I question his knowledge about this platform.

But he, like most engineers, always wants to be right, and does not suffer fools lightly.

FWIW,

TB

"Seems like our society is more interested in turning each successive generation into cookie-cutter wankers than anything else." -- Jato 8/24/2004
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard