Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by rozwell911:
Im sorry if my original post is causeing so much Debate.

ROz

Don't be sorry.
Debating is the best way to learn.
We need more discussions on the aspects of why things do that they do,
so we can all understand the reasons why things happen they way they do,
and what we need to do as Contour Owners, to attempt to protect ourselves from the inevitable.

I believe that this is the whole reason why Contour.org was created.
To share our knowledge, thought processes, and experiences.

Why did my Contour burn up two trannies and no one else on this forum have the same problem as me?

Why does over 25% of the SVT Duratecs throw rods, yet the others don't?

Why do some Contours wear through the front wheel bearings, and others never have bearing problems?

We can't answer all of the problems, but sharing our experiences makes us more knowledgable
of the possibilities that these problems may exist, what the warning signs of the problems are, if any,
and how to deal with repairing these failures.

Pete... 2004 Mercury Marauder 300A Black Clearcoat/Dark Charcoal LEATHER DOB 10/31/2003 DOP 1/2/2004 www.mercurymarauder.net
U
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
U
Originally posted by RoadRunner:

Don't be sorry.
Debating is the best way to learn.
We need more discussions on the aspects of why things do that they do,
so we can all understand the reasons why things happen they way they do,
and what we need to do as Contour Owners, to attempt to protect ourselves from the inevitable.

I believe that this is the whole reason why Contour.org was created.
To share our knowledge, thought processes, and experiences.

I could not agree more. It was not too long ago that I started coming here and there was a ton of discussions going on about all sorts of great stuff. Then all of a sudden, it became a big "No-No" to ask a question. Sure we need to research our problems for ourselves before pelting everyone with questions, but we really need more debates like this one.

Phillip Jackson `98 Mystique LS 262K+ and counting... ATX rebuilt @ 151K "This storm has broken me, my only friend!" RIP Dime
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
I basically got upset because I got the BONE from Ford- even though I knew a lot of people on the "inside"

lets just say that I think there are fundamental problems with the duratec but nothing that cant be solved by a bit of money-

heck look at Kinetics- if its such a crappy engine why do theirs rarely fail? The CRANK IS NOT THE PROBLEM as I understand it, Roush guys say its the oiling system and the rods, Kinetics only does one thing to the crank before its used in their engines- Nitride them- for an increased surface hardening. They will knife them if you want- but then the car becomes undrivable on the street- it needs a bit of mass to drive smoothly. The FoMoCo guys all say to get billit rods, the sintered ones fail easier than the billit ones, BMW is now having problems with theirs as well.

man if I had the money and I wanted a V6 Id definatly go with a duratec- one with Ti rods and valves, a REALLY built 3.0 or more engine with a red line north of 8K - or a TT setup like the noble- but not the MTX-75 POS. the Quaife sequential. but then again - I could just get another car-

BTW walking really SUX! I need a car

Tea 82 242Ti Proud former owner - Samantha '98 SVT #2253 Reborn Aug 21 2002 Cobra Paradise
R
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
the roush guys say its an oil problem...But personally i trust terry haines assestments...he may have a ton of trouble getting back to people, but his information is correct. Im mean, he help build and sesign the engine aspect of our cars...he has seen all of fords tests, and failures....He should know what the real problme is?

Thats just my opinion.

Roz

3.0 SVT hybrid...all the fixens...Track/Race ready very soon!!!!!! 20,000 + miles
U
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
U
Quotes from Terry on FCO about this topic...

Quote:

"This is crazy...a guy asked me about crank bearing failures re spun beariings...I gave him my take on the problem and he posted it on CEG...then they locked his post!!!....seems like that site has gone 'over the edge'...I'm flattered that the mention of my name drives them nuts!!!...how sweet its!!!"

Quote:

"One day that site will make the last vital connection between mounth and brain....until such time...who gives a damm!"

Quote:

"I just love to read the 'experts ' on the boards....I'm waiting for the 'install' of the underdrive alt pullies...now that will be joy to read about!!!"

Quote:

In response to a response from Cardoc about the pullies being worthless
"Nope its not that...I want to see them removing the old pulley from the alt!!!...oh joy...... "

Here is what I had to say about the whole thing...

Quote:

Terry,

I don't think the post that you are talking about got locked because it had your name in it. I can't tell you how many people actually take up for you over there (CEG!). So why would you think that Lance would lock the post simply because it had your name in it?

I am still new to all this and most of this whole story between everyone is all hear-say for me. I really don't give a crap what happened to who, why, when, where or anything else. I am just a fellow Contour/Mystique owner that really loves the crap out of his car and wants the best for it. I also would like to be around people that like to help others with there cars and share advice. That is how we learn!

Yes! I am a CEG'er... And yes! I do come here as well. But I cannot stand here and read this thread any longer without saying something about it. Just because I consider myself a CEG'er does not mean that I am stupid by any means and I resent the hell out of the fact that you would think so.

Like I said, I know there was a lot that happened between a bunch of people, but get over it. We are not street gangs! We are car lovers that have a car in common!

Not all of us can say that we were enginners for Ford. I work for Xerox and even though I am very well trained at what I do, there are times that I have to call enginners and ask them questions. Sure, I do tons of research before hand, but still the time will come when I have a software issue that I cannot resolve or an array malfunction in a circuit that I cannot seem to pin down. Though these are complex issues and very indepth when compared to the day to day activities that I am used to. Can you imagine the look on my face, or my customers, when the enginner on the phone tells me that he will not offer me any advice because I do not have a masters degree in Computer Science and Enginnering!

Just my 2 cents!

--------------------

This all sort of pisses me off! If Terry is so damn great, why in the hell does he have to give advice to someone, then look on to the post, run back to the FCO and make fun of everyone here? I know that some have said that he is very frustrated and all, but d@mn! This is useless crap and not productive at all. If he wants to set the record straight, then I think he can do that himself here and not go through other people. It is a shame that all this is going on!

Phillip Jackson `98 Mystique LS 262K+ and counting... ATX rebuilt @ 151K "This storm has broken me, my only friend!" RIP Dime
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
I caught what happened here - someone posted something about Terry being "such a friendly" guy. The mods probably didn't want a whole bunch of crap stirred up, so they locked the post, then I saw the post in question had been deleted and the post got unlocked.

Seems like they were just trying to avert a pissing match before it started.

--EDIT--

Never mind, looks like the posts I thought were cleaned up are still there, so it was just a temp locking for some reason or another???

Last edited by ScottK; 02/01/03 02:54 AM.

97 Contour SE MTX K&N 3530, UR UDP, 19# Injectors, mystery mod, FMS wires, Fordchip.com chip, SVT: TB, Flywheel, clutch, exhaust 04 Grand Caravan SXT
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by unisys12:
I work for Xerox and even though I am very well trained at what I do, there are times that I have to call enginners and ask them questions.

--TOTALLY OT--

Hey - I bet if you work on the DC265, 75 or any of the other variants you've talked with Jim Pacer. Those d@mn machines gave us so much trouble in the first couple of years!

If you ever run xero-setup through the gui that some of the code I put in there (not the gui stuff, the setup underneath)

97 Contour SE MTX K&N 3530, UR UDP, 19# Injectors, mystery mod, FMS wires, Fordchip.com chip, SVT: TB, Flywheel, clutch, exhaust 04 Grand Caravan SXT
R
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I talk to terry about once a week....the reason he left originally, from what I understand, was becasue of people didn;t seem like they wanted his advise. and anytime they asked for it they did the opposite and screw something up on there cars....he basically was sick of people not listening to him when he, I and everyone know(almost everyone) that he is probably the best singe sorce for infomation on our cars...

I don't balme him for leaving and i welcome his advise whole heartedly.

From a lot of the post i read, a lot of people on this site are not use to people giving advise tehy way terry does, he is very stright forward and blunt. And i can se how most people can take his words as an insult.

I just hope people lean to become more receptive to the knowledge of the wiser ones on this site. DemonSVT is one of them and he is also one of the few that I have the utmost respect for....Kremit too.....

Roz

3.0 SVT hybrid...all the fixens...Track/Race ready very soon!!!!!! 20,000 + miles
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by rozwell911:
Kremit too.....

? Did I miss something, or did, like, Kremit jump WAYYYYYY up while I was busy sleeping?

(No offense, Kremit, just... you/I/most aren't revered as "DemonSVT"-like..

I wanna know what you did to get that way!

Else, that was sarcasm, and forget what I just said.

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
Originally posted by ScottK:
I caught what happened here - someone posted something about Terry being "such a friendly" guy. The mods probably didn't want a whole bunch of crap stirred up, so they locked the post, then I saw the post in question had been deleted and the post got unlocked.

Seems like they were just trying to avert a pissing match before it started.

--EDIT--

Never mind, looks like the posts I thought were cleaned up are still there, so it was just a temp locking for some reason or another???

You've got it essentially correct but just to set the record straight and assuming it this is thread you are talking about.

Notwithstanding the inflammatory aspects contained in the email quoted in opening post I let the thread continue while bearings/oil starvation were the majority of a member's subsequent posts. When the posts started to turn to solely Terry Haines bashing/support, his sanity or lack thereof, his drinking habits or the correctness of his banning from CEG, I started to delete individual posts. Got fed up doing that and locked the thread.
Some members subsequently complained to Lance who unlocked the thread. After a few more inappropriate posts the thread got back on topic so I have let it remain unlocked and will use post deletion as appropriate to keep it on topic.

This is a Troubleshooting Forum for Contiques; not a Terry, Lance Kinley, CEG or FCO debating/bashing forum.

98 Mystique LS v6 atx 163,000km 97 Contour LX v6 atx 163,000km
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard