Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
My cel came on and the scanner said.. something like catalyst restricted.. so I got it cut off and a straight pipe put on.. had the cel light turned off and it has been awesome ever since.. sounds a hell of alot meaner also..

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
NO CATS NO CHECK ENIGNE LIGHT AND CAR RUNS SO MUCH BETTER AND LOUDER

NEW TOY 2000 FORD F150 HARLEY DAVIDSON PICKUP (FROM FLORIDA AND ONLY HAS 30,000 miles )(and stock NOT FOR LONG) ( Gone as of 11-25-03) 2000 Silver Frost Svt Contour With Stuff
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Having '95 with OBDI OWNZ!

L
Webmaster
Webmaster
L
W3RD!

Although having the neato diagnostics with OBD-II would be cool.

-Lance

Lance Kinley CEG Webmaster 95 SE, "Cassandra" 10 years!
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
I'd like to be able to have a neat tool like that, but a multimeter would work for me.

P
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
P
so is it possible to take the y-pipe off with a set of ramps? or would I need a lift?

I wonder how long the bulb for the CEL is supposed to last. I have had the car for a tad over 3 years and the CEL has been on pretty much the entire time. Maybe I will be lucky and it will burn out.

"Bros before Hoes" <-- More men need this mentality.
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by AirKnight:
I'd like to be able to have a neat tool like that, but a multimeter would work for me.

Yeah because a multimeter can datalog in real time right.

You seem to be forgetting a few things here.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by Pete D:
1. so is it possible to take the y-pipe off with a set of ramps? or would I need a lift?

2. I wonder how long the bulb for the CEL is supposed to last. I have had the car for a tad over 3 years and the CEL has been on pretty much the entire time. Maybe I will be lucky and it will burn out.

1. Yes. It's a very easy job. The hardest part is the rusty hardware!

2. sheesh...

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by Pete D:
so is it possible to take the y-pipe off with a set of ramps? or would I need a lift?

I wonder how long the bulb for the CEL is supposed to last. I have had the car for a tad over 3 years and the CEL has been on pretty much the entire time. Maybe I will be lucky and it will burn out.

Do yourself a favor..take it thru the car wash prior and get an underbody wash. Drive home. Put car up on ramps or lifts. Spray the 7 bolts/nuts with a good break free (2 on each pre-cat...2 on the cat-back...and 1 hidden between the primary tubes connecting to the underbody). Wait till the next day. The front 2 on mine came right off. The rear 2...I snapped 1, removed the stud on the other (damn MI winters), and the other 3 came right off. Its a tight fit on the front primary with a heat shield next to the lower pulley (?), but some wiggling and such..it'll come right off. Don't forget the lower O2 sensor too.

D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
ONce you cut out your original cat, how best to store it?
Would you seal the ends? ie throw it in a plastic bag
and store in a dry place or just toss it in a box?

ps: I was told once by someone that the removing the main
cat would add about 9 hp

2000 Black SVT #2639/2760; w/18 OZ Superleggera's, Pirelli Pzero Nero. MSDS Headers,Quaife LSD, CF DF, Borla,,chipped,DMD,Baer Track rotors. Lowered/HR and Koni's; HPP & OMP 3L Valves w/ P&P Heads (thanks Kinger!)
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard