Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
at least we'll see the right side of the road better!

I'm not that worried, the cops down here in TX don't give two hoots about that sort of thing. . .my HIDs right now reflect ALL OVER the place, and they just comment on how cool they are. . .

It's cool that the 90mm ones are used for racing in leMans, quality shtuff!

J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
I respect your viewpoint on the matter, BUT your ignorance, and attitude about glare is going to help lead to the increased enforcement of ILLEGAL xenon retrofits on cars in the USA. Then pretty soon all cops will carry around light meters with them to check all the kids with 'blue' lights to see if they are complying, and DOT certified. It'd be kinda like RIGHT NOW in New York how cops carry SOUND meters with them to see who they can bust for having fart cans on for mufflers. So, if they increase enforcement of the ALREADY illegal HID lights on or cars, that means they'll re-implement annual vehicle inspections in the states (to insure correct aim and DOT compliance), and penalties will be harsher for perpetrators who are caught out of compliance. I'm just saying, that I want to continue to drive my OEM xenon equipped 'illegal' car around, by not attracting attention by ANYONE, and I don't want to help contribute to the eventual strict enforcement on illegal retro's, but not to mention all that, I just don't want to bother my fellow citizens to whom I share the public roadways, out of RESPECT, you know?
But what is respect anymore? (I'd be curious to hear JiggaJerry's response on that- 'What? I respect them, but if they don't like my bright a$$ blinding lights, then they can go find another road to drive on", he'd say?) Just remember that it's everyone's road

'95 CONTOUR SE -Enkei 16s -SVT wannabe -Dual escapes w/ 2 1/2" stainless tips -True LED taillight conversion -Audi Xenon Projector Retrofit -Mp3 deck, dual 10s
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I posted in jest, I certainly do think it might be an issue, and would hate to see law enforcement take control over who has what lights, but I certainly don't have the know-how to go around bending the shield, etc. If Milan wanted to do that (Free of charge?), that's another story. . .seems like getting projectors on a contour is a feat within itself, to get it mass produced by MM is like inventing penicillin (I've contacted one too many places only to hear them say, "Why would we invest money into developing a projector-based retrofit on a car that has close to NO aftermarket potential and is no longer made?"), and I just don't know how much glare is too much, right? The beam cut-off for new SUVs fitted with xenons can blind oncoming traffic, but then they have those automatic beam adjusting devices to reduce glare. . .

Honestly Josch, since Foci are getting xenon projectors as well, I DOUBT we'll get problems from cops, it's those fart-can driving ricers with the uber blue lights that would be targeted. . .now in terms of being courteous to others on the road, well, I guess it would suck to get that much glare if you're driving to the right of me, but down in Houston, everybody has tinted windows anyways because of the heat, so I don't know if glare from the rear is an issue. . .it's more like an issue for oncoming traffic (which I'm assuming shouldn't be an issue since the projectors have a cut off, while the free form parabolic stockers I have right now don't). . .

I think things are more regulated up in the NE and out in Cali, in Houston, they just RECENTLY passed the driving+open container policy on alcohol, we just recently lowered our local highway speed limits to 55mph (70mph apparently was too fast!), and you pretty much have to assume everybody on the road is packing heat. . .

i'm going to end here before this becomes pointless drivel. . .oh wait, I already passed that point. . .

Q
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Q
Josch:

I appreciate the fact that you are attempting to inform the people of the differences. However, I must say that I am extremely agitated that you did not PM me asking if I knew of the differences.

I have spent over 6 months researching before I made the MM lights, and trust me, I know the Hella H7, Hella H9, Audi Hella, BMW, Honda, Mercedes and other projectors inside and out. I have worked with both the H9 and the H7 projectors. How many H9s and H7s have you ever worked with in your life? Probably none. Getting an OEM Audi projector complete with OEM HID, and retrofitting it into a Contour headlight is far from knowing the dynamics of projectors and HID systems...

And for your information, THE SHIELDS IN THE H7 ARE COMING OUT AND BEING REPLACED BY DIFFERENT SHIELDS!!!. Do you think that I am this ignorant? I mean, come on!

I can understand if you were trying to inform me of the differences, but how reckless was it to come on here and post this? I had a major problem on my hands, and the guys were cool about it. Now you come on here and tell them that the H7 will result in them getting in trouble...

Do me a favor please: NEXT TIME, EITHER PM ME FIRST, OR KEEP YOUR COMMENTS TO YOURSELF! I DON'T NEED YOU CAUSING NEEDLESS ALARM!!

You have done this one too many times, and I am not gonna let it go anymore!

Christ!

J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
Josch:

I appreciate the fact that you are attempting to inform the people of the differences. However, I must say that I am extremely agitated that you did not PM me asking if I knew of the differences.

I have spent over 6 months researching before I made the MM lights, and trust me, I know the Hella H7, Hella H9, Audi Hella, BMW, Honda, Mercedes and other projectors inside and out. I have worked with both the H9 and the H7 projectors. How many H9s and H7s have you ever worked with in your life? Probably none. Getting an OEM Audi projector complete with OEM HID, and retrofitting it into a Contour headlight is far from knowing the dynamics of projectors and HID systems...

And for your information, THE SHIELDS IN THE H7 ARE COMING OUT AND BEING REPLACED BY DIFFERENT SHIELDS!!!. Do you think that I am this ignorant? I mean, come on!

I can understand if you were trying to inform me of the differences, but how reckless was it to come on here and post this? I had a major problem on my hands, and the guys were cool about it. Now you come on here and tell them that the H7 will result in them getting in trouble...

Do me a favor please: NEXT TIME, EITHER PM ME FIRST, OR KEEP YOUR COMMENTS TO YOURSELF! I DON'T NEED YOU CAUSING NEEDLESS ALARM!!

You have done this one too many times, and I am not gonna let it go anymore!

Christ!

I've been into both automotive and commercial/industrial HID stuff for more than 4 years now. I could probably tell you a thing or 2 about this stuff. Don't tell me what I know and don't. I've done A LOT of HID retrofits now (including 3 OEM xenon projector retros for my own customers), and I DO know ALL about this stuff. And NO I have NEVER held an H7 NOR an H9 Hella universal 90mm projector in my hand... but... I have more than 150 various photos of the two units (of both assembled and completely disassembled) on my harddrive, and have studied about them intensely, and I can tell you about anything you wanted to know about either of the two.

I'm sorry I didn't PM you first, but I figured it was a public matter, since these people may want to know the 'whats' and the 'whys' of what they might be putting on their cars. I just don't want the government to step in and shut us ALL down. The thought of that, is what AGITATES me. The H7 is a very good projector WITH THE MODS, and if your doing them all, then fine. Just e-mail all your customers (using the easy CC function), and tell them about the revisions, and pricing increases, no biggy. I found when I'm honest with my customers, they always understand the unexpected things. I'm sorry I didn't PM you first. Would you like me to PM you, to get your permission to post anything, whenever I have a thought on something that I would like to share on Contour.org from now on?

Christ

'95 CONTOUR SE -Enkei 16s -SVT wannabe -Dual escapes w/ 2 1/2" stainless tips -True LED taillight conversion -Audi Xenon Projector Retrofit -Mp3 deck, dual 10s
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
OK ... FLAME ON!!!!

N-E-Waiz ... stop flaming and start building ... I can't wait to get my hands on these projectors, shields or not.

WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

http://svtitan.com 98.5 Black SVT #6364 6/9/98, Xenons, 18' Neeper Titans, KKM, (4) 15 Kickr L7's, (2)Ethqwk PHD2's, Memphis 3004&st150,(4) kickr 6.5 subs, ID CD2 Horns, 5%, Bassani, GC, Koni's, B&M, 153.4dbDBDrag
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Josch,
I think it's a bit far-fetched to think the government will come and shut you guys down. . .they have better things to do than try to inhibit people that are trying to increase night driving safety, like fight a war with Iraq, etc.

Milan constantly emails and PMs his customers and keeps us abreast to what is going on, and I guess since you aren't familiar with his workmanship/work ethic, he takes meticulous pride in completing his work, and never overlooks those details. . .and there is no increase in price for modding these projectors either, which he informed us of. Your input is helpful, but since this is a GB section, it throws a wrench into things when someone comes by and says their product is poop. I don't think ANYONE would appreciate that. He's not asking you to PM for everypost, just everyother. . .

I'm sorry you get agitated about the legality of these things, but maybe you shouldn't be so paranoid as to think that cops are going to sit there and pull people over because their HIDs are misangled. . .at least I THINK they have better things to do with their time. I bet you I'll get pulled over going home tonight. . .no I'm serious, it's bound to happen now since I'm so cock sure of the fact it won't.

Q
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Q
Originally posted by ssmumich00:

Milan constantly emails and PMs his customers and keeps us abreast to what is going on, and I guess since you aren't familiar with his workmanship/work ethic, he takes meticulous pride in completing his work, and never overlooks those details. . .and there is no increase in price for modding these projectors either, which he informed us of.

I have nothing more to add.

J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by ssmumich00:
Josch,
I think it's a bit far-fetched to think the government will come and shut you guys down. . .they have better things to do than try to inhibit people that are trying to increase night driving safety, like fight a war with Iraq, etc.

Milan constantly emails and PMs his customers and keeps us abreast to what is going on, and I guess since you aren't familiar with his workmanship/work ethic, he takes meticulous pride in completing his work, and never overlooks those details. . .and there is no increase in price for modding these projectors either, which he informed us of. Your input is helpful, but since this is a GB section, it throws a wrench into things when someone comes by and says their product is poop. I don't think ANYONE would appreciate that. He's not asking you to PM for everypost, just everyother. . .

I'm sorry you get agitated about the legality of these things, but maybe you shouldn't be so paranoid as to think that cops are going to sit there and pull people over because their HIDs are misangled. . .at least I THINK they have better things to do with their time. I bet you I'll get pulled over going home tonight. . .no I'm serious, it's bound to happen now since I'm so cock sure of the fact it won't.

1. Sorry, but in case you guys didn't know, DOT (Dept of Transportation) is in the process of re-viewing and re-writing all the federal lighting laws, since they have been getting glare complaints galore (around 4000) as of now. Would you like to read some of them? Many of them are written by bitchy Americans who are fed up with glare and hate HID. See: http://dms.dot.gov/search/searchResultsSimple.cfm?numberValue=8885&searchType=docket
The state's motor vehicle depts are getting similar complaints, telling them to do something about glaring headlights. Haven't you seen any of the newspaper articles (USA Today) and TV news stories covering this?
I'm not saying we will get shut down tomorrow, but it's bound to happen if we don't set good underground industry standards and good examples for the new guys who are wanting this stuff. Because if we get to have a problem with this in the US, they WILL shut us down. By the way, the DOT has NOTHING to do with the defense dept in our country. These DOT guys are really bored over here (unlike our military, who is preparing for potential war).

Quote:

Milan constantly emails and PMs his customers and keeps us abreast to what is going on, and I guess since you aren't familiar with his workmanship/work ethic, he takes meticulous pride in completing his work, and never overlooks those details. .

Yeah, the only glimse I seen of his 'meticulous' work was the pics he posted of his car with the left projector mounted crooked, twisted off of level index, rotated a few degrees counter-clockwise, thus throwing the beam upward on the driver's side. Hopefully you guys's turn out better.

3. I never once said that his product was poop. I had only said the the H7 90mm is a FINE unit, IF you make sure and mod them correctly.
So if he's doing it correctly, then good. I would be glad to hear it.

And I'm sorry for the seemingly big ruckess I've caused here today. I will no longer post on Milan's threads. Let you guys deal with it on your own

Q
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Q
I received the additional $90 from all of you. Thanks.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard