Originally posted by Quicksilver:
Josch:

I appreciate the fact that you are attempting to inform the people of the differences. However, I must say that I am extremely agitated that you did not PM me asking if I knew of the differences.

I have spent over 6 months researching before I made the MM lights, and trust me, I know the Hella H7, Hella H9, Audi Hella, BMW, Honda, Mercedes and other projectors inside and out. I have worked with both the H9 and the H7 projectors. How many H9s and H7s have you ever worked with in your life? Probably none. Getting an OEM Audi projector complete with OEM HID, and retrofitting it into a Contour headlight is far from knowing the dynamics of projectors and HID systems...

And for your information, THE SHIELDS IN THE H7 ARE COMING OUT AND BEING REPLACED BY DIFFERENT SHIELDS!!!. Do you think that I am this ignorant? I mean, come on!

I can understand if you were trying to inform me of the differences, but how reckless was it to come on here and post this? I had a major problem on my hands, and the guys were cool about it. Now you come on here and tell them that the H7 will result in them getting in trouble...

Do me a favor please: NEXT TIME, EITHER PM ME FIRST, OR KEEP YOUR COMMENTS TO YOURSELF! I DON'T NEED YOU CAUSING NEEDLESS ALARM!!

You have done this one too many times, and I am not gonna let it go anymore!

Christ!

I've been into both automotive and commercial/industrial HID stuff for more than 4 years now. I could probably tell you a thing or 2 about this stuff. Don't tell me what I know and don't. I've done A LOT of HID retrofits now (including 3 OEM xenon projector retros for my own customers), and I DO know ALL about this stuff. And NO I have NEVER held an H7 NOR an H9 Hella universal 90mm projector in my hand... but... I have more than 150 various photos of the two units (of both assembled and completely disassembled) on my harddrive, and have studied about them intensely, and I can tell you about anything you wanted to know about either of the two.

I'm sorry I didn't PM you first, but I figured it was a public matter, since these people may want to know the 'whats' and the 'whys' of what they might be putting on their cars. I just don't want the government to step in and shut us ALL down. The thought of that, is what AGITATES me. The H7 is a very good projector WITH THE MODS, and if your doing them all, then fine. Just e-mail all your customers (using the easy CC function), and tell them about the revisions, and pricing increases, no biggy. I found when I'm honest with my customers, they always understand the unexpected things. I'm sorry I didn't PM you first. Would you like me to PM you, to get your permission to post anything, whenever I have a thought on something that I would like to share on Contour.org from now on?

Christ

'95 CONTOUR SE -Enkei 16s -SVT wannabe -Dual escapes w/ 2 1/2" stainless tips -True LED taillight conversion -Audi Xenon Projector Retrofit -Mp3 deck, dual 10s