Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
S
Swazo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by Horse:
link it anyway - who gives a crap if some old CEG fart doesnt like it - colter and i have been around longer thanmost people here have

No, at FCO they get heated when you link to the site. Something about milking his hard earned bandwidth IIRC

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Ah. That's Dom for you. He's a good guy though.

-Colter My Old Car Current Cars- 1999 Ford Taurus SE 3.0 Duratec 1999 Ford Explorer XLT, my Geocaching car.
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Yes, thanks. Thats what I was looking for...were they difficult to cut? I'm worried about cracking

1999 Sportage 4x4...don't go there, it was free ....______o_o .../_l l__\____\ ..|--l l__----[]\|/[] .....................oo =( )_)----( )_)--)_)
S
Swazo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
After taking them apart, you have to get rid of the groove that the rubber gasket seats in. I used a jigsaw like a sawzall, and put slices into it every 1/2" or less. Then I used a small pair of flat nosed pliers to rip each 1/2" section of the groove off which left a rough torn hole (that sounds really bad ). To clean it up I used a drum sanding bit on a dremel and cleaned it up really nice.

I will have a "how-to" soon

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
***ATTN*** Swazo, ExDelayed and Dion A local CEG-er here in SE MI (Connie) (ConnietheContour), has aquired a set of headlight assmeblies from a BMW that has low beam projectors w/ HIDs. What he wants to know is can this be made to work, either by cutting out the projectors only or maybe removing the entire headlight area thats chrome (insides) Thanks for any help here guys

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Swazo:
which left a rough torn hole (that sounds really bad ).
I will have a "how-to" soon

LOL...

I thought I could use a cutting wheel on the dremel & just cut the lip off(right around the outside of it) where the gasket sits...get that how-to up

1999 Sportage 4x4...don't go there, it was free ....______o_o .../_l l__\____\ ..|--l l__----[]\|/[] .....................oo =( )_)----( )_)--)_)
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Quote:

get that how-to up

LOL- ok - well see it when it happens-
JK daymon- not that we are doubting you -

but its been in "ill get it done" mode for a while

Tea 82 242Ti Proud former owner - Samantha '98 SVT #2253 Reborn Aug 21 2002 Cobra Paradise
S
Swazo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S

I am as far as I can go for a little bit. I am still waiting to hear more about what can and can't be done via CF bezels. I've been desperatly sketching and photochopping....trying to come up with something fairly mean/clean looking. Also I have yet to find a projector or cool looking LED turn signal to use....so I'm just cleaning the housings up to paint them and holding off on getting the projectors adjusted correctly.

My SVT is without drivetrain at this time Come spring, this problem will be solved thanks to Buckshot Motor Sports and HMS So until then, adjusting the projectors would be really guesstimating because of how the car sits with major wheel gap in the front w/o an engine. BUT...if my low beams look like they're still in a good pattern...I'll be able to know how much to bump the high beam pattern over the low's.....

I also wouldn't like the idea of my info being used by anyone to do a GB or the like. Milan did a fairly high quality job, but has proven that there are small things that got over looked when doing them in a small scale production. I am doing this for the people who are looking to save a ton of cash over paying to have them done and do their own custom headlights, not those who are looking to make a quick buck and rip off CEG'ers. That's why I held off on the first "how-to" to be honest.

Last edited by Swazo; 11/14/03 04:12 AM.

S
Swazo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by The Striped SVT:
***ATTN*** Swazo, ExDelayed and Dion A local CEG-er here in SE MI (Connie) (ConnietheContour), has aquired a set of headlight assmeblies from a BMW that has low beam projectors w/ HIDs. What he wants to know is can this be made to work, either by cutting out the projectors only or maybe removing the entire headlight area thats chrome (insides) Thanks for any help here guys

On post-98's, the actual headlight bulb is set in place. The chrome reflector is what is connected to the adjusters. When adding in projectors, you no longer "need" them as you are replacing the factory headlights and just reusing the housing for asthetic and practicle reasons. They are simply trimmed to fit around the projectors.

I *think* Milan just used the center of the reflector that seperated the high and low beam reflectors. Dion used a sheet of CF and didn't even reuse the reflector. I did reuse the reflector, but if all goes well....this time I won't be

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Keyser Soze 

Link Copied to Clipboard