Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
S
Swazo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by Horse:
you know - you and jon are going to have to help me rig up some on my volvo!!

It'd be easy to do something for the volvo!

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
None of the pics have come up for me and I'd like to see these new projectors. Just curious though, why didn't you guys go with quad projectors because when I used my high beams its simply amazing , kinda like two policecar spotlights!

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
S
Swazo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S

Here is a pic of my low beam projectors. I didn't go throuugh Milan because I can do my own custom work for much....much....MUCH less $$$$. Seeing that my headlights actually keep moisture out unlike some of Milan's......I'm very happy that I did my own set.

With my high beams there will be a few other.....changes... to the headlights. I'll post pics as soon as I have some.

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
i want projectors

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Damn your car looks amazing, especially the rims What rims are they btw? Its a little hard to see the projectors in the pic, can you show some more pics (free horing ) Is there any chance you can bring that bad boy out to SZ04' Also I know what you mean about condensation in the Milan quad projectors, I get some but its very little and goes away within about an hour. The funny thing is that it only shows up in the early spring and fall though, no problems in the summer You guys who did your own are lucky and/or fortunate to do your own lights. I couldn't do it and wouldn't even think about it, so I had to pay and pay I did! I will say this though, I'm very happy with my lights, as far as the quality and light output, the 4100K HIDs with H7 Hella projectors and 65w Halogens w/ H9 highs work well, especially when used together on very dark roads, really inspires confidence

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Originally posted by Swazo:
OK, maybe they aren't projectors, but the Hella 90mm H9 high beams

Ok then. I was about to be very upset.

Originally posted by The Striped SVT:
why didn't you guys go with quad projectors because when I used my high beams its simply amazing , kinda like two policecar spotlights!

Personally, I tried every way possible to make the 90mm lows work as highs. I was just unhappy with the results. Their range didnt seem to be able to keep up with my stock highs, and that was a requirement for me. Having quad projectors, while it did look really cool, wasnt worth the drawback as I saw it. If Hella had intended them to be highs, they would have made a dedicated module. Anyway, these are the 90mm highs in action:

Highs and lows, no foggies:

Highs only. The hotspot is due to a slight dip in the road.

Doing the lamps like Milan did gave me two half snowball shapes above the cutoff of the lows. That was good and all, but it also gave me two, very overpowering stripes directly in front of the car.

Ok, Im done hijacking the thread.

· Jon Miconi · Coming Soon! · 01 Cougar · 98 V70R
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
so have you started on the How-to yet? I'm reaaally interested in doing something like this as well as learning to mold stuff into my bumper. Also, what auto lighting forum were you looking in?

-

ATX -
Originally posted by bnoon:
Get enough HP/TQ and some traction and you can race a ricer one handed while sipping a slirpy. Nothing wrong with that.

<font class="post"> 16.251@85.42 mph
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by Swazo:
[image]Here is a pic of my low beam projectors. I didn't go throuugh Milan because I can do my own custom work for much....much....MUCH less $$$$. Seeing that my headlights actually keep moisture out unlike some of Milan's......I'm very happy that I did my own set.

With my high beams there will be a few other.....changes... to the headlights. I'll post pics as soon as I have some.

I'm glad people are starting to do projectors themselves and do them properly.

Your car looks great.

If/when you get your "How to - Projector Headlights", let me know and I will add it to the Aesthetic FAQs.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
S
Swazo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Wow, thanks guys!

I don't want to say I'm going to go and then have to back out, but SZ04 is my goal They're 18X7.5 RacingHart C5 w/ 42mm offset. I have loved these wheels for quite some time and have wanted them since before the SVT. RacingHart doesn't make them in 4X108, so I had to get them custom drilled. Like I said, I love those wheels
Back on topic, I did the projector low beams when I noticed Milan's GB and also peep'd the prices I'm just getting around to doing the high beams and a few other things.

As soon as UPS brings me my stuff, I'll start on that "how-to". Even though I made my lights fixed, I'll post info on making mounts to keep them adjustable. I'll try to take as many pics as possible and not just drive through the process like lasttime

Also, I noticed it wasn't such a great pic to show the projectors....I've been having issues with my freebie fototime account the past few days....Hopefully I can get some up later tonight.

S
Swazo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by crusinmercury:
so have you started on the How-to yet? I'm reaaally interested in doing something like this as well as learning to mold stuff into my bumper. Also, what auto lighting forum were you looking in?

-

Lighting forum?? LMAO, I dove into the project after seeing which projectors most people use in custom applications. I winged it, but lucked out and did very well (if I do say so myself )

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Keyser Soze 

Link Copied to Clipboard