Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Hey people, I see that a few of us here have had a similar problem before, or at least just the damn light coming on. Heres mine. I recently had the recall done on my 95SE (99MO3?) Before she went in my whole dash lights in general would blink or "phase" in and out actually setting of the alarm (non factory) so that it seemed as though the kill switch in the alarm was shutting the engine off. It would make the CEL,ABS, and AIR BAG light come on and off but not constant. I had the recall done and it solved the problem of suddenly shutting down but... when i got her back the ABS light stays on constantly. Now i know that when the light is on all the time the ECM is saying that the system is disabled and sure as hell I know it is. OF COURSE the dealer says that the light was on all the time, pre and post recall work AND OF COURSE they didn't ruin my water temp sending unit either and that worked before i dropped her off too!! ( check dealer training methods on "WAYS TO BOINK CUSTOMERS OUT OF CASH" ) however it was easier to fix myself. OKAY!!! sorry people, babbling!!! Any way do any of you think that reseting the comp. and clearing out any codes may give me any help??? Snow sucks w/out ABS

95SE tour MTX Silver/champagne custom dual side exhaust 16" ALT180's Wrapped in BFG COMP TA's 215/50 VR4 16.0 @ 91mph before wheels and exhaust mods.
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
When my Tour was about 2 years old it had ABS problems. Light would go on/off all the time. Ford dealer jacked with it, gave it back and it came on again. They had it for a week the second time and finally ended up replacing the entire left harness, which finally fixed it. A few years later, after the radiator fan caught fire, they finally decided to replace the entire underhood harness too. I demanded they do it several months earlier because the insulation was falling off wholesale, they deemed it "unnecessary." In the process of doing this they blew up the ABS brain not once, but twice. Two weeks later I get the car back with lots of things not working on it so I leave it with a list of things to fix. Came back - still not complete. Third time it was acceptable. Still finding things off and misplaced to this day, this was over 2 years ago. They did a piss poor job on tour II. So bad that my Wife stopped dealing on a Ford Escape at this dealer and went across the street to a Mazda dealer. A week later she came home with a 2003 Tribute. The dealer is still calling us to pick up the parts they ordered to replace the ones they lost. I know where they can put them.
More than likely they fried the brain and are lying to cover their mistake. Had two dealers here do the same to us. I turned one over to a TV consumer help line and got their attention real fast. The owner call me at home and apolgize for what they did.

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard