Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
G
G
I would spend the extra $10 for high performance rear pads. Are the high performance rear pads Bendix Titaniums? Not sure if Bendix makes Titaniums for the rear of the Contour.

S
Stazi Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
No they are not. They are another brand called Silver something.

Your money, your choice. I still think it's not req'd on a stock brake setup.

Now if you had a big brake conversion all round, then yes, performance pads on the rear would be my choice. But not on the stock setup.

Bendix don't make Titanium's for the rear, for the reasons I stated earlier. Makes you think, huh?

Last edited by Stazi the Aussie; 01/10/03 04:57 PM.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Hey Titan, if you would like it to be delivered by Purolator in Canada just get Stazi to ship it via Airborne Express from the states. They are Purolator's US partner for non consolidation (big volume) shippers. Hey I should know I am a Quality Manager for the main Purolator Hub in Toronto.
Email me at svtcontour@rogers.com for any details.

Fern

1999 SVT Contour Silver Frost Bassani,Ground Controls Street..17x7 Rage 5.0/Falken Azenis Sport 225/45/ZR17 Track...Kosei K-1 17x7.5 Avon Tech Ra 225/45/17/ Quaife/ SPEC Stage III/ Fidanza /Capaldi Racing 4.5 final drive/TCE Brake Kit 13"
S
Stazi Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
So far on the group buy we have the following people interested:
MotorCity - Picking up tonight
rocksvt - unpaid
DemonSVT - unpaid
zgendron - unpaid
Titan - unpaid
gdub520 - unpaid
gas199 - unpaid
GondonSo - unpaid
cliffjohnson - unpaid

With 9 people we can go ahead with it. So if you haven't sent money already, now is the time.

For people who are going to send MO's or PayPal.

Please PM me with a finized description of what you need, be it rotors, pads, front rear, year and model of Contique, and for those of you that want calipers, let me know.

Thanks, and I look forward to hearing from each of you soon.

It's not too late to get in on this if yu are reading it now, if we hit twenty people the price goes down again.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
G
G
So with only 9 people, does the discount go into effect?

S
Stazi Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
We have 10 now, so yes we are good to go.

driver PM'ed me and is in.

Gordon, if you want the performance rear pads let me know.

If each of the buyers could PM me I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

S
Stazi Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Replaced a set of rotors and pads last night on MotorCity's SE ATX...what a pain in the butt that was. They were the original brakes on the car and had 40,000 miles on them, so they were worn RIGHT DOWN. They were so bad, that they had rusted right onto the hub and it took me about 1 hour of pounding with a mallet and half a can of PB Blaster to get them off.
Don't leave you brakes on that long people...you WILL regret it.

I almost lost it...

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
I think the vulgar language convinced the rotors to come off.

Thanks again Stazi. You are the man. I would probably have had to call in a mechanic to my house to try to get those damn rotors off if I did it myself. That was incredible.

You should grab a pic of the one that fractured into two pieces and still did not come off!

BTW, my early review of these brakes is that they are great. Nice firm and controlled stopping power. I highly recommend them to my fellow CEGers.

"Cobb - It's not just for corn anymore!"
S
Stazi Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Update............

MotorCity - PAID
rocksvt - unpaid
DemonSVT - unpaid
zgendron - unpaid
Titan - unpaid
gdub520 - unpaid
gas199 - PAID
GondonSo - unpaid
cliffjohnson - unpaid
Driver - unpaid

I will NOT be waiting to ship people...once you have paid I will ship out next day.

M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
hey staz.... i might be interested once i see them... Damn, i need to slow down on the mods....

98 SVT #4636/6535 T-Red/midblu http://www.pbase.com/markussigpi/galleries FOR SALE: My Car.....
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard