Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
G
G
Count me in.

H
Scourge of the Master Debaters
Scourge of the Master Debaters
H
Well, this makes our previous PMs moot, I guess. I still haven't found out what size my rear drums are, but I'm going to jack up the car in a few days and find out.

I'm in. w00t!

Beer is my Gatorade. Hooray Beer. '98 "Sport" Pacific Green '98 E0 SVT Silver Frost Pictures
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
in for the rear rotors n pads..many things going on financially though so i will have to break up the pyment to u

99 expedition eddie bauer, 5.4 v8, k&n drop-in, 3" magnaflow catback and gas mileage that makes the contour look like a hybrid
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
I have a 98 SVT, right now I only need rear pads, but I need them quick, what would they cost? What would new front and rear pads go for?

Are these titanium pads, I haven't been able to get them anywhere, even shops that carry Bendix Titanum do not have them listed.

Current Car: 2005 Lava Orange Mazdaspeed Miata 2004 Graphite Dodge Stratus Old cars: 2003 Garnet Mica Miata/1998 T-Red SVT Contour
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
they are teh bendix titaniuMetallic pads ...i remember that stazi has sworn by them for at least a few months now...i was cleaning on 'favorite places' on aol and came across a testimonial from v8sho.com from someone who had installed them...liked them very much...

when i first saw the g/b announced i did a search and found many more links to positive testimonials on the web

that is objective enough for me...i want a set

as a side question from myself...iknow going to the svt larger rotors up front can make a good difference in braking but i wonder how much that same swap to the rear of the car would do...i have rotors and pads that i paid a grip for on the front and they do pretty well even with a few quirks and for what i paid im gonna get muchmore use outta them or bust

would going to larger svt rotors on the rear and staying stock size up front make a noticable difference??? anyone???

99 expedition eddie bauer, 5.4 v8, k&n drop-in, 3" magnaflow catback and gas mileage that makes the contour look like a hybrid
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Big thumbs up here. They have been on the for over 7 months and have seen many AutoX's and track time at SZ and they still are the best brakes I've used. Had high dollar pads and ok rotors previously and they warped big time. Scary to use the brakes in the rain as well. I liked these pads so much I threw them on the SHO I purchased. Braking improved so much I wouldn't drive w/o them. They dust a little but we clean our cars so much who cares. They still don't dust anything like OEM.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
S
Stazi Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
The pads for the Rear run $40, and cost $5 to ship.

Front and rear pads, like I said before, are $90, plus $10 to ship.

For those wanting only part components, I cannot offer the full discounted price, that only goes for the full kits, as that is how I am able to get the deal from the distributor.

The rear pads are the high level Bendix's too, but are not the Titamiums. All the same, they brake better than stock. And to tell you the truth, the rear brake bias on these cars is so weak, that having high performance pads for the back is a waste of cash, asd there is very little braking coming from back there anyway. You have to remeber that the Contour has a weight split of 62/38, which is why most the braking effort comes from the front (that's where the majority of the weight is). If you are DEAD SET on having high performance pads on the rear, I can get you some for $10 more, but like I said, you would be hard pressed to notice the difference between the two pads back there. It's the feeling from up front that is the true teller of the story.

You can see that people who have these brakes on there SHO's and Contours, swear by them.

Also, I was able to get pricing on remanufactured Rear Calipers. They are $55 each, whith a $60 core charge up front, which is refundable after I receive your old calipers.

Front Remanufactured calipers run $65, also with a $60 core charge. (Caliper brackets ARE NOT INCLUDED, so you can upgrade to SVT brakes this way, you need brackets to upsize you rotors, and in any case the 99-2000 SVT's share the same calipers with the 1995-1998 Contours)

For those with rear drum brakes. The rear shoes are $40, but you have to tell me what size drums you have, 8" or 9", if you have a V6, I am guessing 9" drums, but please check this before hand. And it's $5 to ship those.

Hope I have answered everyone's questions

Last edited by Stazi the Aussie; 01/10/03 02:40 PM.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
the rear rotors and pads are 98 correct? how much for the front set, i believe that the rear ones are fine b/c they were replaced not to long ago, but the front ones have a groove like the grand canyon running through it.

"What did you think about that Dorothy girl?" "The whole Judy Garland thing kinda turned me on. That doesn't make me some sort of fag does it? "Nah baby, your money." 98 Black SVT #3560 of 6535
S
Stazi Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by cliffjohnson:
the rear rotors and pads are 98 correct? how much for the front set, i believe that the rear ones are fine b/c they were replaced not to long ago, but the front ones have a groove like the grand canyon running through it.

Front Rotors and pads are $140 shipped.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
grassyass

"What did you think about that Dorothy girl?" "The whole Judy Garland thing kinda turned me on. That doesn't make me some sort of fag does it? "Nah baby, your money." 98 Black SVT #3560 of 6535
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard