I am thoroughly stumped.

I took off the IAC, ohmed it out, and hooked it up to my regulated power supply. It works just fine and it measures 12.5 ohms. Also, I put it back on but disconnected it. Very, very bad. My car wouldn't idle at all, it would just die. I also connected it directly to my battery. This just made my car idle at about 2000 rpms. So I'm pretty sure that it's not the IAC.

As for the TPS... I took it off and tested it. It read 3.888k ohms across the entire pot (across terminals A and C). At closed throttle it read 485 ohms across termnials A and B, and 3.572k ohms across terminals B and C. At WOT it read 3.730k ohms across terminals A and B, and 250 ohms across terminals B and C. This all seems normal for a potentiometer. I don't know what it should be reading though. My shop manual doesn't say anything about it.

I also threw a bottle of Iso-Heet in the tank to rule out water in the gas. Still no change.

I'm going to borrow a laptop from work tomorrow to double check my OBD-II readings. Does anyone know what normal MAF readings should be (in #/hr)?

I just don't know.

BP

Last edited by ButtonPuncher; 01/06/03 05:03 AM.

Ben ---'96 Contour GL * Zetec ATX * Tan on Black steelies--- +++JRSC M62 Under Construction+++ My big-a$$ mod list.