Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#511605 01/05/03 11:41 PM
L
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
L
Originally posted by AirKnight:
225's is the max you can put on without rubbing.

doesnt Rick have 235s?

#511606 01/05/03 11:55 PM
A
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Originally posted by Qbert:
245's aren't for the rears...as stated above only for the front. Instead of adding a bigger rear bar (which isn't legal for stock) and making the rear end grip less, I'm going the opposite direction and making the front end grip more. I believe with the right spacer dimensions you can get 245's on the front. I have victoracer 225/50's on the front with no spacers now and they rub only during long hard sweepers. I think with a 1/8 spacer I can get a little bit more out of the front.

What class are you going to be running in? Unless you're in mod classes, the max tire width is 225. And actually, for stock classes, changing the tire sizes are not allowed. Just nobody pay too much attention to it. But if you stick 245 on the Contour, people's gonna notice.

#511607 01/06/03 12:18 AM
Q
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Q
Originally posted by Qbert:
245's aren't for the rears...as stated above only for the front. Instead of adding a bigger rear bar (which isn't legal for stock) and making the rear end grip less, I'm going the opposite direction and making the front end grip more. I believe with the right spacer dimensions you can get 245's on the front. I have victoracer 225/50's on the front with no spacers now and they rub only during long hard sweepers. I think with a 1/8 spacer I can get a little bit more out of the front.

What class are you going to be running in? Unless you're in mod classes, the max tire width is 225. And actually, for stock classes, changing the tire sizes are not allowed. Just nobody pay too much attention to it. But if you stick 245 on the Contour, people's gonna notice.

??? What stock class are you running in? Tire size can be changed all you want, wheel size cannont. I plan on taking my car to Nationals this coming year in GS. I realize I don't have a prayer, but I only run about .5 seconds off of the pace of the guy that took 8th place in GS this year. Hopefully I can afford Konis this year and that should give me the .5seconds. Don't take me for someone who only shows up to 1 or 2 autoxes a year. Feel free to run your 16's, but the first time a good driver shows up you're going to be wishing you put the money into driving schools wrather then tires and wheels.

2004 Focus PZEV 2.3L - KW sport suspension, SP camber plates, Eibach front swaybar, FS intake, FS Stealth exhaust, 3.82 Final, Torsen ATB, Prothane MM insert, E1 CSVT wheels 1/4 mile - 15.201@89.4mph
#511608 01/06/03 12:29 AM
A
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
A
http://www.moutons.org/sccasolo/Rules/street_touring.html#17.3.%20TIRES

That is for Street Touring which allow some modifications (ie. basic bolt-ons) done to a car. It says 225 is the maximum tire width.

Please don't lecture me about driving school. I know very well driving school is the best thing for the racing. And by the way, .5 seconds is quite a bit of a difference when you're at national level. And for your comments about my wheels/tires, no I'm not putting extra money for them. I'm going to be spending the extra money on the 17's for the street already, and the 16's will just be sitting here collecting dust that's why I'm going to be using them for autox.

#511609 01/06/03 12:58 AM
Q
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Q
http://www.moutons.org/sccasolo/Rules/street_touring.html#17.3.%20TIRES

That is for Street Touring which allow some modifications (ie. basic bolt-ons) done to a car. It says 225 is the maximum tire width.

Please don't lecture me about driving school. I know very well driving school is the best thing for the racing. And by the way, .5 seconds is quite a bit of a difference when you're at national level. And for your comments about my wheels/tires, no I'm not putting extra money for them. I'm going to be spending the extra money on the 17's for the street already, and the 16's will just be sitting here collecting dust that's why I'm going to be using them for autox.

Yes 225's are the max in STS along with a 7" wheel or a 7.5 (can't remember). I run GS though which allows any size tire you like.

Yes .5 seconds is alot, but when you concider I had a stock air filter, shocks, and exhaust. I also do not have an alignment that is worth a crap on the car. The only thing I did have was race tires (which is obviously the biggest factor).

My comment was meant about tires...you'll spend more on your 16" tires then you will with 15's. You make more power with the 15's, you can get just as wide of tire on them, they weigh less, they are cheaper, what is it that you gain from running 16's?

If you plan on running your 3L you need to be in Street Mod. Which you can run any size tire you like and it better be a DOT race tire if you plan on standing any sort of a chance (unless the locals are running street tires). If you're just out to have fun then it doesn't matter what you do just have fun.

2004 Focus PZEV 2.3L - KW sport suspension, SP camber plates, Eibach front swaybar, FS intake, FS Stealth exhaust, 3.82 Final, Torsen ATB, Prothane MM insert, E1 CSVT wheels 1/4 mile - 15.201@89.4mph
#511610 01/06/03 01:26 AM
A
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Yeah, but that's what happens when you run stock class, everything is basically stock.

I'm going to be running the 16" tires that I'm going to be running on the street this summer (using them the year after for just racing). And those are going to be Bridgestone Potenza RE730 Gen II or S-03 Pole Position. And I'll be in street mod, but I'm not worried about winning because I'm not good like that yet.

#511611 01/06/03 01:44 PM
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Rick has 245/45R16 on a 7.5" wide rim IIRC. He uses a spacer.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard