Originally posted by DemonSVT:

Your best bet is a full synthetic (Mobil 1, Royal Purple, AMSOil - but NEVER Syntec!) or a quality dino. Definitely skip the blends if you want to save a buck by not running a full synthetic.

Well I'm tired of seeing that Castrol Syntec is garbage so I did a search and found this answer by Amsoil.
Faq written by Amsoil

Castrol Syntec beat Mobil tri in the 4 ball wear test which is a standard test for oils!
Amsoil was the best.

Quoted from the Faq's
"Dirt, the number one cause of engine failure, was found to be responsible for 43.4% of failures, and insufficient lubrication, the second most common cause of failure, was responsible for 16.6% of failures."

And this is another article that lists Castrol as 3rd best
Oil test

Quote from second article
"the comparison graph done with the new tri-synthetic formulation of Mobil 1. You can see that it scores significantly worse in it's new formulation. As you can also see, Castrol Syntec also scores significantly worse as well" but Castrol beat Mobil!

Sure Amsoil is a full synthetic and the rest might be some form of a blend, but if the test results add up then how can Castrol be bad!
Just thought you might like to know.

p.s. If I got the Mobil 1 oil wrong then the one you were trying to recommend I'm sorry. Please state which Mobil 1 product your referring to.

1996 2.5LT V6 Contour ATX My Tour+help/info pics E0 rims, Gutted Pre-Cats,CTA Custom Exhaust & Intake, Diablo Chip.