Originally posted by dnewma04:

Quote:

but that means you don't think a smoother idle, longer lasting engine is a reason.

Assuming proper oil changes, the increase in engine life between Syns and Dinos are practically undetectable. Some of the results I have seen are so similar that no clear advantage can be given to either.
As far as the smooth idle goes, I suppose if you can justify spending 2x as much to get a smoother idling engine that lasts the same amount of time, so be it.

How many people keep their cars past 100k anyway?

I know what your saying D, especially the above statement about 100K, but check this out. I remember talking to my ex-boss and he and his buddy w/ a 9 sec T/A tore the motor apart after a couple seasons. Upon inspecting the main bearings my ex-boss, an "old schooler", was stunned...no wear to be found I feel running Mobil 1 is insurance for your motor, whats a couple extra bucks? Someone in one of the previous post was talking about how expensive Mobil 1 is, better get out the WD40 because someone is SQEAKING

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00