Originally posted by contour_phoenix_when:
it shows a picture of what the upper and lower control arms look like in drawing form within a coil suspension system. Just check under struts

Dude, it has absolutely nothing to do with what Tony asked. He asked whether he has the earlier style lower a-arm with horizontal bushings, or the later style lower a-arm with the vertical bushings. I guess you don't know this, Contours have two different type of lower a-arm, the ones with the horizontal bushings are the older style used on the older (like pre-98 and some 98) Contours, and the ones with vertical bushings are the newer style used on newer (98+) Contours. That, my friend, has nothing to do with other fundamental lower a-arm design's picture. He wants to know what type he has because the two different lower a-arms are not interchangable because of the differences in the subframe. BTW, that post was way too damn long, it took me a good while to scroll through a bunch of stuff that I know was not related to Tony's question after reading the first paragraph. It's as long as me copy and paste my whole 3L FAQ in one single post.

Back on topic, here is a picture somewhat showing the lower a-arm with horizontal bushings: