Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Most do.
Look at the picture here:
Proscan

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" -George Santayana
T
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
T
Here is a suggested source for a OBDII Interface to a serial pc port. (Your laptop might not have a serial port.) My very old one does: obddiagnostics.com

I bought one and have checked it out with both DOS and Windows software.

G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
checking in late here so suggestions i offer have prolly already been made...i too was getting pretty crappy gas mileage...in the teen's consistently city and not alot better highway...

i changed plugs and wires to whats in my sig...cleaned the throttle body and the egr ports (which got rid of cel i had for 6mos)...added monster flow filter and regularly add REGANE by gumout to the fuel tank...all of these things make for a noticeable improvement in performance and a bit of improvement in mileage...im more concerned with performance so this is acceptable for me

i've gotten older and wiser (i hope) and so now i change my oil regularly and make sure to use only some of the better oils on the market...usually mobil 1 in the engine and the atx

those things have improved overall driveability and performance but the coup de gras was installing 'quality' tires on the front about a month ago...kum-n-ho's ecsta 711 205/50hr-15....the tires made the most appreciable difference in mileage

now my city mileage is better but still sucks cuz there's lots of wide open straights and other fun places to drive hard....on the freeway however my last 3 trips to see mom 100+ miles one way have yielded me ~31-37mpg and i dont baby my car

99 expedition eddie bauer, 5.4 v8, k&n drop-in, 3" magnaflow catback and gas mileage that makes the contour look like a hybrid
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard