Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
NorCalCoug,
Outside of washer nozzles, is this hood going to retain all OEM holes and such?

I have hood struts that I would like to continue to use.

Also, I'm assuming this hood will utilize the OEM hood latch as discussed in the previous post?

Thanks,
Pete

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
I'm in unless some strange out of the ordinary circumstance barrs me from getting it.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
There will be no holes pre drilled for hood PINS

It will retain the stock latch

As for the hood struts, do the contours have holes in the underside framing for attaching those? If thats where they are, they won't have them, but we'll check to see if they can be put in, but the problem with that is that we won't know where exactly to put them, unless our donor hood has them in them already. So it may just be easier to drill the holes yourself once you get it, since it won't be that hard to do so.

We're still ironing out the final details with everything else

S
Cool Toe Chris
Cool Toe Chris
S
Originally posted by DEVIOUSDEV:

It will retain the stock latch
We're still ironing out the final details with everything else

That's what I like to hear! Stock latch used and final details. Woo-hoo! Again, take your time and do it right.

Chris NJ 98.5 SVT Silver Frost
N
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
N
Yes. DEVIOUSDEV is correct. Here's how we'll have to do deposits:

We will need deposits from 15 people in order to start the GB. The deposit amount will be the group buy sale price of the hood, sans shipping. We will not collect shipping until the hoods are on their way back from overseas. DEVIOUSDEV and I only have enough money to cover 5 of the hoods ourselves, so we can't afford to have someone drop out at the last minute, and the manufacturer doesn't take chances.

I've gotten a couple PMs and emails about donor hoods. Let me reiterate:

1. Donor will be GIVING us their hood. They will not get it back. When the hoods come back from overseas, we will give you one of the carbon fiber hoods free of charge. If you are out of the area, you are responsible for shipping costs to send us your hood and to get your new hood shipped to you.
2. If donor is in local area, we will install the new hood for you. We're just nice guys like that.

Obviously we prefer local area, it's just easier. I'll fish through the people that have PMed me and we'll get the hood, then I'll call the mfgr to tell them we're ready, then we can get deposits, have them send out the hood, and then we just wait for them to come back.

2001 ATX V6 Dark Shadow Grey Merc Cougar(Sport Pkg, ABS, traction control and sunroof )
N
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
N
NorCal, do you have a rough guess of when you'll be needing deposits? I want to do this but winter is a bad time for me money wise, so I need an idea of whether or not I may be able to scrape the funds together...

Shawn Clone Jezabel- 1999 SE Sport V6 MTX- Severly wounded, comatose Silver frost/Black Exterior-Midnight Blue Interior The Firecracker- 1995 Mystique LS V6 MTX stock and backfiring like a rifle shot I have 3 loves, my God, Brittany, and my Car.
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Count me in on this hood GB, just let me know when and where cash is needed.

Previous Owner of 00 SVT Contour #1077/2150 95 Contour SE '01 3L
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by NorMich99SE:
NorCal, do you have a rough guess of when you'll be needing deposits? I want to do this but winter is a bad time for me money wise, so I need an idea of whether or not I may be able to scrape the funds together...
Same here.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
I would be in on this in 2 seconds , but without having a clue of what it will look like on a Countour im spectical

C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by CitatioN10:
I would be in on this in 2 seconds , but without having a clue of what it will look like on a Countour im spectical

you mean skeptical

E0 T-Red SVT '98 S\/T K.I.A 6/14/02 AIM: p0lskipimp
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard