like what you said-
I didnt see any evidence of problem with the crank mains- in fact they are in Perfect shape- the crank would be in perfect shape except that it will need at least one rod journal ground- ill have to get the other two bearings off their journals to see those- but as you said the SVT peopel did not hand choose the duratec cranks- our SVT motors are built on an assembly line not hand built like the cobra motors- but like was written most people dont drive thier cars like SVT drivers do- ill be the first to say - I drive my car like I believe its supposed to be driven - thats why I like it- also about the oil aeration and design issues Ford is now dealing with - my very good buddy was on the Roush team that did all the testing that uncovered all these flaws- I was the one who brought the news to CEG - also it is his opinion that it is the rods that are problematic- granted not in every case and some undoubtedly are holding up better than others- but he said the powdered rods are junk-

ps- I will have pics up as soon as I down load them from the camera-

Tea 82 242Ti Proud former owner - Samantha '98 SVT #2253 Reborn Aug 21 2002 Cobra Paradise