Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 23 of 23 1 2 21 22 23
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
I had the pulleys installed by a performance shop. The belt they used was part# K060739. This is with the SHO Shop power steering pulley and the custom alternator pulley. I am not sure if it will work with the custom ps pulley and alternator pulley.

1998 SVT
M
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
M
That's the same pulley combination that I am going to use, I wonder if the belt that came with the SHO shop pulleys would work?

R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
I received my pullies and put them on Yesterday. They look really good on the car and I love the quality of the craftsmanship that was put into them. I really can't feel any performance gain, but I am sure they must have free'd up a horse or so. Every bit counts so I am happy with them. I used a 72.5 inch belt while putting them on. My tensioner is almost all the way open, so it was a little difficult putting the belt on. I asked Savage for a 73" belt which should put the tensioner nearly halfway in between being fully opened and fully closed. I am assuming a belt between 72.5 and 73.5 will work, it just depends on what the parts stores near you have available.

I did not take the alternator of the car to change the alt. pulley. I removed the pass. side motor mount completely (while having a jack support the engine) and lowered the engine down a couple inches. This allowed me to use an impact gun to break the bolt loose with the alternator still on the car. It is accesable through the left access panel in the passenger side wheel well. It took a few tries to break it free though.

The power steer. pulley was really simple, but I put it on backwards the first time. I believe the company that made them stamped their name on the wrong side on the pulley. Just make sure you put the pulley on the right way the first time to save yourself a little troube.

I think it took me about 3 hrs to get all this done. I'm sure it could be done in 2, but I was goofing around abit too.

Good luck.

B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
mi5pal: The belt that came with the SHO Shop pulley will not work, as i tried that first.

1998 SVT
S
Cool Toe Chris
Cool Toe Chris
S
Excellent work! Thanks for the information!

Chris NJ 98.5 SVT Silver Frost
M
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
M
Thanks for the info. guys, looks like I will try a 73" belt(+/- .5"), and maybe even try that engine drop to put on the alt. pulley.

Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hey guys,

I finally found out the p/n for the pulleys... Sorry about this taking sooooooo long but I had a lot of unexpected stuff come up this past week
Anyhow I got a friend to install this on his 96 (I am still having some other problems with my car ) and the part number for the belt is Gates : K060725

Again I am sorry that this took this long,
Regards
Nima

P.S. I will take some pics for you all

3.0 14.392@97.237 2.302 60ft OEM 4-bolt LCA's $105 each Watch me go
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Can anyone who installed thier pullies tell me the size of socket that is needed to remove the alt pully. I don't have the right size and want to know the proper size before I go buy one.

Thanks

Then: 99 Silver Frost SVT #1919 237hp/219tq All Motor Now: 06 White STI Parts 4 sale
Page 23 of 23 1 2 21 22 23

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard