Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by StaticTour96:
how can you say that that looks great you cant even see it. I want to see a pic that has great lighting for once. people on here dont seem to grasp that. but i am going to try to get in on this but I dont know if it will work

ok ansel adams, it is called using your imagination for gods sake. what do you mean you dont know if it will work? there is a very reputable, established, and highly professional race team that will be making these splitters for you. please.

Oo (xxx)oO o xxxxxxxx o
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
G
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
G

Ok here is who's in:

1. Supertouringmike - 2 CF
2. Todras - FG
3. VTHOKIE264 - FG
4. TRED2000SE - FG
5. Micah - ?
6. Cobber - FG
7. CrZY cONTOUR - ?
8. RUBN24 - FG
9. Shaun252 - FG

So far...thats:

Fiber Glass: 5 Carbon Fiber: 2

Those with the ? next to them, please let me know what material you are wanting so I can keep a running count of who's getting what and how many. Thanks guys! Keep em coming.

** Money wont be due till the minimum # is met. If we cant get the minimum # of people ready to order, I wont be able to push this through for you guys/gals. **

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Okay...so we have two photo chops on what it could look like. The pre-98 and the post-98 (on I-Dom-In-8's ride).

I like the photochop of the second one much better as it extends up into the slot in the bumper and gives it a nice full appearence, exactly what I am going for.

If it is like the first one then I am not sure. It looks too thin to me.

If it is like the second one, I am in for sure. Any idea if the the post 98 non-svt version will indeed be like the one pictured on I-Dom-In-8's car?

I know it is going to be hard to say. But can anyone help me out a bit. The style will determine if I am in or out.

"Cobb - It's not just for corn anymore!"
N
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
N
Well, no one really knows how "thick" or "thin" this is gonna be man, best guess, find a nice pic of an SVT splitter, smooth off the top so it matches the form of our bumpers better and that's probably about how "thick" it will be. I think part of the visual problem you're having is that the pictures are from very different angles, and the chop on I-DOM-IN-8's car is blended in to the car better, plus the fact that it's a darker color. I say if you can afford it for sure, go in on it, I highly doubt you'll be unsatisfied with the result.

Shawn Clone Jezabel- 1999 SE Sport V6 MTX- Severly wounded, comatose Silver frost/Black Exterior-Midnight Blue Interior The Firecracker- 1995 Mystique LS V6 MTX stock and backfiring like a rifle shot I have 3 loves, my God, Brittany, and my Car.
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
I guess I used the wrong terminology.

I am more concerned if it extends up into the air inlet (like the SVT one I think) or if it just bolts around the edging along the bottom.

The way in this picture is what I like. It looks like it would overlap into the air inlet and sort of hang off of it.

One way I am in and the other I am not. Not trying to side track the thread at all and I really appreciate all that is being done to make this happen.

"Cobb - It's not just for corn anymore!"
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I sent honkytonkmonkey a few more angles of my car. Maybe he'll be a sport and use those to help better the idea...

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
that is not what i meant when i said i dont know if it will work i ment i dont know if it is going to work that i get in as in money. and btw you cant just crop an svt splitter on a pre 98 because the body lines arent the exact same so it isnt going to look right. I think you need a test bunny to get this done. I will buy one but i think if you have a test bunny you will not have as much chaos in this forum

Trollin the boards as of 9/23
Originally posted by GS474:
stock hp is never enough

I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
Well you can put me down as a Maybe/most likely. reason being i have to find out how much lower this will bring the front end down, I have H&Rs and im scared i will rub. Thanks for the Ps mike.

Team Evo Staz: You know why they call it Skunkworks? Everyone: Why? Staz: Because everything that comes out of it stinks!!! Steeda-I hate you stazi
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H

2003 Ford Focus ZX3 "Tarmac" http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2352003
Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard