sorry, maybe i should clarify what i meant by bolting pattern. Yes, you are right, the bolts at the rear of the vehicle match up regardless of model year. However, at each end of the bumper cover, (right and left) wear the bumper wraps around to the side of the rear quarter panel, the pre98's have a different mounting or bolting pattern than the post 98's. Some of you who have tried putting on the SVT rear bumper covers on pre98's know what i mean. Although it is not overly difficult to get it to fit, it does take more work than just bolting it on. I know this, because i was in the process of putting on an SVT bumper when my garage guy told me that they don't just bolt up easily, some modification would have to be made, from looking at the bodyshop's ford part list with pictures. Also, i have emailed some guys who have made this mod and they have done it, although it took them a lot longer than they expected. All i'm saying is if they alter our mold slightly to fit our cars, it would make it much easier to fit. (PS i'm too cheap to get it done professionally)