Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Brad Noon ran a 14.78 in his SE (yep, not even an SVT) way back when by hitting a 2.0x 60' time as well. Not stock either, but not "overly" modified either. (for the record he ran in the low 15's at the track I run at )

I had 225/50/15 Bridgestone Potenza RE71's (really, really loved those tires), an engine torque strap (people made fun of it, so I didn't sell them), a cold air intake pipe with a ram duct in the front (no filter for the run), chip to bump the rev limiter, 50-60 degree temps, all useless crap out of the trunk (jack, spare), iced the intake, and got the wheel hop free launch of my life from 3500 RPM to a 2.099 60 foot time. Ran a 13.8 running a 75 shot of juice too, but no time slip from that run so I never claim it seriously.

All of this was on the factory 2.5L. Haven't been back to a track since. The track you run at does make a huge difference, as do the temps, sea level, and humidity levels. Two weeks previous to these runs, at KCIR during the K.C. '99 CEG National meet, the best I got was a 15.935 at 86 MPH. At that track, modded SVT's were having trouble breaking into the 15's that night because of the high temps (mid 90's) and high humidity (fog was rolling in), combined with a really, REALLY shizzy traction limited launching area. Of course I didn't have the chip, the ram duct, the torque strap, the good track to run at, and I had about 80 pounds worth of tools in the trunk!!! Hell, my run won me a $50 gift cirtificate from Warren (KMM) for being the lowest SE timeslip (by over half a second) and beat out quite a few SVTs too. Either I had a freak, or I am a driving freak!

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."