Originally posted by TDawg76:
OH MY GOD...

This has been one major headache after another! First of all, I went to Autozone and bought a set of plug wires, total cost $55.19. However, NOBODY in the area will put them on - they will only put THEIR wires on. Second, once all the local shops learned the V6 is mounted transversely they told me they wouldn't even consider working on it. Thridly, several guys have said that they think there is something electronic wrong with the car, not plug wires. (the idle revs to 2500, drops almost to 0, revs back up to 2000, drops to almost 0, etc. etc. etc. plus MAJOR vibration, harshness)

OK...so...first of all, WHY won't anyone work on this freakin engine!?!? Second...would the idle problem be caused by plug wires...or do I have something else wrong?

I've reset the computer to no avail. I think I'm going to spend the $50 or so dollars for a computer test...maybe someone can tell me what is wrong with this damn V6...

HELP!?!?

plug wires are simple to install yourself on the duratec..you should be able to do it easily..just remove and replace one at a time...

new,new ride! '99 svt black/mnb '95 mustang gt sold! '98 svt #800 sold!