Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Z
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Z
SAWEEET. I'm in for pre-98's.

Quicksilver, did you hit the sweet spot or what?!?!?!

'97 Mercury Mystique GS (Not mine anymore...) Now running a Toyota Matrix XR Red, 16" wheels, Sunroof, VVT-i
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
One more question, where are the HID's sourced from. I remember you, Antonio and Mondeo V6 well....discussing companies

are the 6000K "bulbs" colour coated or is that the actual temp. the arc is burning?

E0 Silver Frost, SVT # 4337 Built 12/23/97 !!!
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
First of all, these things look tight! Second, thankyou for not leaving out the pre-98's in your plans. But if I may I'd like to make a suggestion. Is there some possible way to produce the pre-98 headlights where the turnsignal lamp was also apart of the actual headlamp. So instead of their being 2, the headlamp and the turnsignal, make it all one piece. Mainly I'm thinking of this because I think it would look totally awesome to have these on the pre-98's but w/ the current stock turnsignals, I'm afraid it might look sorta funky w/ the nice clear headlamp and then the retarded lined lense of the stock turnsignal next to it. Just a thought. Don't even know if it is something that is possible to do. Please keep us posted, and keep up the good work.

Q
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Q
To everyone:

I have received your PMs and your emails... I will get to answer all of them as soon as I can!! I apologize, but this project is insanely time consuming!

In addition, I will be offering two types of HID hardwere to go along with the Xenon versions!!!:

-Panasonic version, which will be about $425 parts

-Philips Version, which will be about $499 parts

The cost difference will therefore be around 80-100$ when all is said and done...

Lastly, Mystiques will be included in this, 99% possibility.

I can do only lowbeam projectors and leave the highbeams stock too. The looks aren't that good but would save some money.

SO HERE ARE THE LATEST DETAILS:

HALOGENS:

-Low Beam Projectors/Stock High Beams: If you donate lights, $225

-Low Beam Projectors/Stock High Beams: If you don't donate your lights, $425

-Quad Beam Projectors: With Donated lights: $$325

-Quad Beam Projectors: Without Donated lights: $525

XENONS:(KITS ALL USE PANASONIC HID HARDWERE... IF YOU WANT PHILIPS KITS, THEN IT IS $100 EXTRA...)

-Low Beam Projectors/High Beam Stock: With Donated lights: 650$

-Low Beam Projectors/Stock High Beam: Without Donated, $850

-Quad Beam Projectors: With Donated, $750

-Quad Beam Projecors: Without Donated, $950

This is the latest update. I am fighting with several companies to reduce their prices on parts. As of now, this is what I have. The prices may go down, or they may stay the same, or could possibly go up too. THIS IS WHY I STRONGLY URGE YOU TO WAIT FOR ANOTHER 2 WEEKS OR SO, UNTIL I AM TOTALLY SET UP. I WILL DO ALL I CAN TO REDUCE THE PRICES ON THESE.

My webpage should be running starting this friday or saturday, so all the details should be provided on there for you guys.

Thanks everybody!

L
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by bxd20:
What about the concerns of high current draw from HID? Can I turn these on with the engine off or do I toast my battery in one minute?
You have to upgrade the fuses to 30A so they won't blow when you light them. But during normal operation, the current draw is less than halogens.

E0 SVT, lightly modded
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
sounds good. i will have to wait to see if the prices do go down.

Hugo ------ 98 SVT - 53k mi - SOLD 04 Mazda3 S 5-Dr
Q
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Q
Originally posted by louisw:
Originally posted by bxd20:
What about the concerns of high current draw from HID? Can I turn these on with the engine off or do I toast my battery in one minute?
You have to upgrade the fuses to 30A so they won't blow when you light them. But during normal operation, the current draw is less than halogens.
Thanks Louis!! This is exactly true. I've had HID for almost two years now, and no problems have been encountered...

Q
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Q
One More Update:

I have a teleconference set up with Philips tomorrow. I am trying to have them supply me directly and thus bring the prices down somewhat. We'll see guys... Wish me luck.

H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
great luck!!!

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
N
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
N
I wish you the best of luck. Hope this GB gets off the ground.

98 CSVT Black Alpine CDA 7995 Memphis 1000D & Alpine MRV T302 2 Orion 12's HPP Rear Strut Bar
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard