Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
i want to buy a set and i dont have a post 98! great job mang.

Oo (xxx)oO o xxxxxxxx o
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
Milan I want a pair of the pre-98s HIDs. Btw have any idea on the cost so I can start saving up.

Adam Electric Red 95 Ford Contour GL ATX Zetec Born on 11/01/94 (The Official SCCEG Beater.) Coming soon... Micah's Pre98 SVT Front Bumper and SVT body kit. **1BADTOUR**
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Milan, what do the beam patterns look like? Whos modules are you using? Hella? Bosch?

· Jon Miconi · Coming Soon! · 01 Cougar · 98 V70R
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Some night-time pictures please Milan!

AWESOME WORK!

99 T-Red SVT ***Intrax, Bilsteins, Azenis, Offroad Y, CAI, Tint, Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom Grilles, Poly Mounts, Silverstar Bulbs, 100W Ion Fogs, Focus SVT Wheels, SHO UDP, Ford Racing Wires ***
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by csc99svt:
milan, i got a couple of questions....

i dont know too much about projector style headlamps....are the only differences between the halogen and xenon the brightness or the color as well?

also, are the turn signals affected? how does this affect such things as clear corners and what not?

any plans for matching fog/driving lights?

thanks

Just when I was trying to avoid the mod bug these beauties had to come along!

I am definitely interested in the answer to the halogen vs xenon questions. I don't know much of anything about this stuff so if someone could explain why the xenon are $400 more than the halogen I'd greatly appreciate it.

-svtdc- '98 E0 silver frost SVT - SOLD Mods: DMD, Mobil 1 oil and filter (is this a mod?)
Q
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Q
The Xenons, or HIDs, are approx 3 times brighter than the halogen version, if you choose to go with the 4800K...

The halogens are still at least 35-40% brighter than our stock lights due to the superior projector optics. As far as the turn signal, it is not affected at all.

I've been asked if the headlights will be different in design. To answer your question, the Halogen and Xenon versions are identical to each other, with the Xenons having a slightly deeper projector. However, on the outside, there will be no differences.

O
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
O
Hey Milan,

You've got mail. Just waiting on your responces

MY NEW HOBBY...RUINING CHRIS CROFTS LIFE...
L
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by svtdc:
I am definitely interested in the answer to the halogen vs xenon questions. I don't know much of anything about this stuff so if someone could explain why the xenon are $400 more than the halogen I'd greatly appreciate it.
HID hardware is expensive. $400 for a set of bulbs and ballasts is nominal. According to Milan, the projectors used in the halogen and HID headlamps are the same, but the HID version uses converted H7 HID capsules. IMHO not as great as purpose-built HID projectors with D2S bulbs, but an acceptable solution to keep costs down. Good job on the projectors anyway, by themselves they are a big improvement over stock reflectors. Hope this answers some questions.

E0 SVT, lightly modded
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
How much install work? 3 screws, splice some wires, optionally secure the ballast, and you're done?

What about the concerns of high current draw from HID? Can I turn these on with the engine off or do I toast my battery in one minute?

They look nice.

Brian Dors
99 SVT

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Is there any possibility in sticking with the stock crap reflector for the high beam, and having the price discounted for 2 less projector lenses....not like you'd really need high beams with HID anyway

I wish the Canadian dollar would come outta the dumpster so the exchange wouldn't hurt so much
I need new brakes too, Milan you've given me some tough decisions to make....brake or see????

E0 Silver Frost, SVT # 4337 Built 12/23/97 !!!
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard