Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
That's great that I dont' have to trash my existing 9006 bulbs....definitley on my to do list!

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Milan,
What kind of Projector units are you using (i.e. Hella, Bosch, Valeo, etc)? And are you using the same projector units in the halogen and xenon versions (w/ the xenon version just being a retrofit from the H9 halogen projector)? And if the xenon models your using are OEM xenon projectors, then are they DOT units, or E-code spec? You didn't happen to be using the universal Hella 90mm H9 units are you? Many people on the Philips Automotive Lighting Talk Forum have found success retro'ing xenon to those (w/ a few shield mods). Sorry for so many questions, but I'm just curious as hell to know what's at the heart of these bad boys

'95 CONTOUR SE -Enkei 16s -SVT wannabe -Dual escapes w/ 2 1/2" stainless tips -True LED taillight conversion -Audi Xenon Projector Retrofit -Mp3 deck, dual 10s
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
also...if we don't supply the headlights, will you be using ford oem headlights?....not bat aftermarket ones i hope (still bitter)....very sweet though.

SLEEPER BEAUTY (2000 Contour SVT # 2113) SVT traded in for an 2005 altima SE-R (1987 Grand National)
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
I need more pics of the car!! Like back a bit with the whole front end in the pic....
Also a shot of the beam pattern would be great.

Also if I donate my headlights to be remade does that mean I'll be gettring my old housings back with the projector mod? If so what to do with my car with no headlight housings for x number of weeks? What brand is the HID kit? Can you take out the orange tab while doing the conversion? Thanks

Last edited by Bridge; 11/11/02 07:09 AM.

CSVT Feels Like Heaven Goes Like Hell Profile
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
...what about pre-98 Mystiques?? Those look very high quality!

D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
I will be getting set of those. Milan you are the man.

98 green SE duratec, SOLD, GONE but NOT FORGOTEN. 04 Silver STi, Lot's of Power, Some MODS
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by Quicksilver:

I will be coming out with the pre 98s in about a month or two. That way nobody gets left out.

C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
I will be coming out with the pre 98s in about a month or two. That way nobody gets left out.

INCLUDING pre-98 Mystiques...right?

A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by JessMan:
*sniff sniff* they're Beautiful!!

I have a few questions for ya...

- I noticed the balast (sp?) ziptied behind the light in pic 3, how much is involved in the total setup?

- if I didn't want to have the balast in the engine bay and decided on the halogen, what improvement have you seen with the halogen version as far as beam pattern and brightness?

- I believe with the current HID setups some local CEG'ers have around here, the current draw is enough that the engine has to be running for them to be on, would any rewiring be necessary to avoid that, or is that a general characteristic of HID's? (I don't know too much about the technicalities of it, so please forgive me if thats a dumb question )

They look awesome Milan, they've just been added to my future purchase list!

Jesse, I as well have my ballast zip tied to the same spot that is the best place to have them minus inside the front bumper. The only difference with this upgrade is that the beam of the HID light will be perfect due to the projector housing you will have perfect cut off. No more of the staggerd pattern like you see on our current set-ups. There have been a few great F.A.Qs written on HID by Myself, Quicksilver and MondeoV6 even though there were a few flames there was also alot of info. I would have to say this mod right here has to go down as the best mod in my book for the contour.

-Antonio

Now I hate America? That is a new one to me.
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Milan,
I'm interested, I emailed you about purchasing a set. . .I love my HIDs, but the chance of getting a beam pattern that isn't scattered and illegal, hmmmmm, time to use some APR. . .hey, if I'm the first one to order, do I get mine quicker??

Suneil

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard