I have mine drilled 5/64" in the center. If it makes an air noise, I don't hear it(music too loud ) Here is exactly how I installed mine(in idiots terms, since I am an idiot..lol):

Disconnected negative battery terminal

Loosened screw on metal tightening thing(for lack of proper word) around the hose

pulled hose loose on side that points to the passenger side

put drilled cap on my finger like a thimble and greased it

pushed it into the hose about an inch and a half

put hose back on and checked for proper fit

tightened screw on metal tightening thing(I really don't know what it is called )

reconnected negative battery terminal

turned on headlight/fog lamps and Max A/C to HI

started car and let it idol for a few minutes(perfect time to reset lost settings caused by disconnecting the negative battery terminal)

shut car off

keeping lights on and Max A/C on HI, started car again and let it run for a few mins. After that I drive it around the block(with hood closed of course).

Shut car off

Moose is gone for good!

Now, this may not be the proper way to do it, but it has worked for me so far with no complaints. I always turn the headlights/fog lamps on and Max A/C to HI each time I disconnect/reconnect the battery.

As for the auto up/down feature, I don't have it(I don't think they offered it), but a few guys here have done it IIRC.

'01 Escape XLT V6 on S100 CDT Audio/Ascendant Audio/Rockford/JBL/Knukonceptz setup '00 SE Sport ATX