Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
morten Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
Gosh. I am just astounded at the generousity and giving spirit of CEGers.

You guys are the best. Your helpful mechanical tips, like drain the gas - your offers to take this CSVT off my hands and trade for 4 cylinder tours notwithstanding the problem my car has maintaining legal speeds. I just don't know what to say.

Alas, your kindness is too much. So, to the fellow in Chigaco who made the first offer of a trade, and to the fellow in Seattle who stepped unselfishly up to the plate so as not to force me to drive so far, I say thank you, but no, no. I cannot impose on you like this.

I'll keep the CSVT. The next time I go to my local FORD dealership for an oil change with a FRAM filter and 4 litres of 20w50, I'll tell them that even though the warranty has expired, that I expect them to keep the car as long as needed, and log as many hours as it takes to fix this excesive speed problem ONCE AND FOR ALL.

Again guys. Thanks. Don't know what I'd do without contour.org.

99 Black/Tan CSVT # 1070 of 2760 Stock with K&N Drop in
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I guess SOME Canucks DO have a sense of humor!

2000 Contour SE Sport Originator of the Beowulf Headlight Mod and the Beowulf CAI
B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B
No it's alright ...really.
Impose Dammit Impose!!!

www.ChicagoCEG.com 2006 White Grand Prix
C
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
C
In reply to:

No it's alright ...really.
Impose Dammit Impose!!!

LOL!!

-Ken V. 1998.5 SE Praire Tan Zetec ATX psycho_bass@hotmail.com Roush springs Roush rear sway bar BAT struts 17" Millie Miglia HT3 and a ton of subtle asthetic mods
A
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
A
There is no, and should never be a cure for your problem/illness. You must learn to live with the problem as we have grasshoper. It time you will learn to accept and embrace this condition. OH and by the way. Lay off the HONDA jokes. I own one and its very fast and very reliable. At 2000 pounds and 165 wheel HP on tap it'll suprise you, unlike my SVT that took a [censored] on me after only 2 years. But thats besides the point friends

C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Perfect Cure.....

Trade me for my Zetec and you will not have that problem anymore....

Then you will have a new concern...

You Push the gas and the car does not go very fast... Hahahaha

I still love her though...

John Was 96 Contour Zetec RIP Now 2001 Chrysler 300M.... I Will Have Another Soon... I AM NO TRADER......
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Beowulf:
There is no cure.

You can try that long horitontal pedal between the gas and the clutch pedals, but I hear that causes unnecessary wear on the "brake pad" and "rotor" components.

VERY UNNECESSARY wear on the brake pads and rotors.

Well it seems SVT has gone and done it. There they go putting such a fast car together. You would think they would of noticed this defect before putting the car on the streets. DAMN YOU SVT, DAMN YOUUUUU!

Honda was much better at taking care of this "too fast" defect which explains why the local boy didnt have this problem.

LMAO ... This has got to be my most favorite and the most clever post I have read yet

98 Contour SE Sport w/ MTX K&N Air Filter FlowMaster Exhaust Removed Resonator Universal GTR Type C Wing Shaved door handles Custom Paint 16" Chrome Rims Dropped
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
It brought much joy into my day as well.

Drive on!

2000 Contour SE Sport Originator of the Beowulf Headlight Mod and the Beowulf CAI
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by EO1702:
Yup, no worries.
Good old EO can take a little ribbing.

Always bear in mind though, that the dance steps may be illustrated for us on the shift knob, the "R" is for RACING!

The "R" stands for Racing? Damn I always thought it stood for REALLY REALLY FAST!

98 Contour SE Sport w/ MTX K&N Air Filter FlowMaster Exhaust Removed Resonator Universal GTR Type C Wing Shaved door handles Custom Paint 16" Chrome Rims Dropped
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Hmmm...last time I tried using the "R" for racing, I found out it stod for "Rebuild"

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard