Print Thread
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Originally posted by Big Jim:
Originally posted by Speed Demon:
according to my friends ford cd, the v8 out of the lincon continental (which is transverse mounted) should fit, the engine bays are roughly the same size (radiator to firewall and strut tower to strut tower... ditch the battery and dump the washer reservoir and move the brake reservoir etc and it could work... stronger transaxle too

If you park a Continental next to a Contour with the hoods open (I have), you can easily see that the Continental engine bay is wider. My observation is that there is room for the V8 engine, but not room for both the V8 engine and a transmission.

But what the heck, if you can find a shoehorn that will do the job, more power too you. The car will look a little silly though with the tires sticking way out of the front fenders because there is no longer room under the wheel wells.

if your gonna spend that kinda money, might as well upgrade the rear wheels to stick out more, and then turn around and use a wide body kit, pretty sure you must design it, as the c27 kit kinda fell, and the fenders aren't offered i believe. (not to sure, don't listen to me on that part). anyways If you had a wide body kit and moved the rear wheels out, then nobody would even notice.

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Quote:

If this happens it will be a LS V8. It won't be install in my car.
The cost of importing and installing the AWD system is 5 times the cost of the engine swap

You haven't looked very hard then...

I've found numerous Jag X-types that have been in accidents for $5k! The drivetrains are perfect they only have body damage. No use in getting a huge ass motor when you can't hook up with your current one. I'll let you know when I start the swap but it might be a few months.

1999 3.0L Cougar: 220fwhp and 200tq 2003 VW Passat W8 with 4 Motion AWD http://www.cardomain.com/ride/300644 PM for intrest in 3L SVT Contours, 3L swaps into your current car, Prepped 3L engines, or anything 3L related.
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by Blackcoog:
I've found numerous Jag X-types that have been in accidents for $5k! The drivetrains are perfect they only have body damage. No use in getting a huge ass motor when you can't hook up with your current one. I'll let you know when I start the swap but it might be a few months.

I have friend that wants to do this. I hope he doesn't read this thread With my luck I'll find a junked X-type in my yard with a cougar sitting next too it Damnit now he has more motivation to make me do it

06 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax/ally 06 Pontiac G6 GT 05 CRF250R FOR SALE 06 KX65 with riding gear $2700 obo
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
you guys all got it wrong. the focus is on the same basic platform as the contour. Ford racing performance parts makes a kit to bolt in an 03 cobra dohc supercharged motor with a six speed trans and rear wheel drive. that is roughly 400+ hp at the rear wheels and a six speed tranny in a contour. it could be done with deep enough pockets. thinking about it makes me drool.

95 mystique daily driver 96 mystique parts car 95 contour 3.0L oval port swap in the works check my classified ad
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
Originally posted by BSOELMAN:
you guys all got it wrong. the focus is on the same basic platform as the contour. Ford racing performance parts makes a kit to bolt in an 03 cobra dohc supercharged motor with a six speed trans and rear wheel drive. that is roughly 400+ hp at the rear wheels and a six speed tranny in a contour. it could be done with deep enough pockets. thinking about it makes me drool.

You got it all wrong the FOCUS is nothing like the contour platform.. good job showing your ignorance Chinstrap

I suggest you remove your head from your ass then think and then possibly post but it would do the whole site a favor if you never posted again!

S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Whaaat? But they both have the zetec, they MUST have the same platform!!

The Spickle New Car: Infra Red '04 FSVT Former Car: Black '98 CSVT, #3137/6535 "The Unluckiest car.. ever"
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by Steeda The Ninja:
Originally posted by BSOELMAN:

You got it all wrong the FOCUS is nothing like the contour platform.. good job showing your ignorance Chinstrap

I suggest you remove your head from your ass then think and then possibly post but it would do the whole site a favor if you never posted again!

OWNED!! Too bad with the Cobra motor you have to run manual brakes with no power assist

06 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax/ally 06 Pontiac G6 GT 05 CRF250R FOR SALE 06 KX65 with riding gear $2700 obo
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by Thinkmoto:

OWNED!! Too bad with the Cobra motor you have to run manual brakes with no power assist

Not true!

You can install a vacuum accumulator to allow you to run vac-assist brakes.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
For those of you who get Motor Trend, they just did a cover story comparing the Lamborghini Gallardo and the Ford Focus RS8. It has a "Cammer" V8 in it. which is the DOHC 5.0L and it is not s/c. and they did transform it to RWD and it's going through a 5-spd tranny. it runs a sick 1/4 mile time of 12.7@113.7mph and a skidpad rating of .99g. All around it sounds like a pretty nice focus for $31k(for the european rs model) and $105k for the one motor trend tested. newho, if u want to read the whole article, go and buy the motor trend for august 2004. really interesting article. and if they can cram a 5.0L V8 in a focus, than why can't we cram one in our contours?

2000 Ford Contour SVT-t GT28R - 287whp/314wtq @ 11 psi (very little tuning) Cardomain Page Photobucket Page *Formally XxColdAzFireXx*
S
Zippy Zetec on his last legs.
Zippy Zetec on his last legs.
S
there is a reason it costs 105K for the one they tested. somebody, if they gathered enough fellow CEG'ers (though i could think of a few that could do it by themsleves) could do it...but it couls end up soting more than some peopel make in a year...

does anyone know how much a 4.6L S/C cobra motor costs for example?

second one on the list, says contact dealer for price

not trying to be an ass to anyone, just saying sure it can be done, with enough money. im sure terry would enjoy the challenge, as would i, but i wouldnt tackle it alone, and i wouldnt tackle it without a (semi) bottomelss pocketbook.

Regards, Cole. Relegating to troll status sometime this week. New Whip: 1990 Lexus ES250. Old Hotness: 1995 GL MTX Zetec *IN TRIAGE* "I had a little friend once, but it dont move no more... "
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard