Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
no offense to you, but I would say that someone here is full of BS. I find it hard to believe that some dude got a 5.7 in a contour...well if he converted to rear wheel drive then he may have all the money in the world to make it wider too. And also I highly doubt the feds would spend that much money on R & D and then to do the mods for 300 contours.

99 Mystique LS T-Red ATX Duratec Mods: Hella stereo Mods K & N air filter w/intake pipe www.sounddomain.com/id/jongordo8
C
C
If this happens it will be a LS V8. It won't be install in my car.
The cost of importing and installing the AWD system is 5 times the cost of the engine swap

You can turn a engineer into a sale man but, you can not turn a sale man into an engineer I have walk to the valley of Honda and death for that I should not fear no V-tech 99 cougar,SVT manifold convertion, Tranny upgrade by Haines Motor sports (Quaife lds, Fidanza flywheel, and Clutch Master Stage 3 clutch) 18 Axis Se7ends,GC coiovers,sho sho Y pipe,Wilwood4 piston brake kit
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Originally posted by rftour:
a guy came in to buy an oil filter for a tour and was asked what engine he said either a 5.7 or 5.9 v8 and the car was rear wheel drive it was a limited production to 300 cars in the world and this was an FBI car
so i guess the feds are getting the good [censored]. and from what i understand it looks like a stock contour
talk about a sleeper
I think your friend has a Contour confused with a 1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS.

-Giovanni One turbocharger. Two intercoolers. All love.
X
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
X
five times the cost of an engine swap to install awd? thats a shame, the idea of cruisin' in an all wheel drive tour was beginning to grow on me... i'm sure if i look back on this threat i'll find the answer but what's the difference in weight between the v8 & v6? how much hp can the duratec handle before its really just a track car and not a street car. here in the uk i've seen turbo'd zetecs with up to 400+ ponies and unless your trying to go a whole lot more than that with a v8, isn't power to weight an issue? just something that came to mind

C
C
like I said before. I'm not the one doing this on my car.
this is for some one else. I did not got into detail about RWD, FWD or AWD With Terry.

You can turn a engineer into a sale man but, you can not turn a sale man into an engineer I have walk to the valley of Honda and death for that I should not fear no V-tech 99 cougar,SVT manifold convertion, Tranny upgrade by Haines Motor sports (Quaife lds, Fidanza flywheel, and Clutch Master Stage 3 clutch) 18 Axis Se7ends,GC coiovers,sho sho Y pipe,Wilwood4 piston brake kit
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
wowsers...to a newbie that just stumbled upon this thread im amazed at the idea and makes me wanna go find another contour to tinker with.

so what ever happened to this? did anyone succed? try?

B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by mbb41:
Originally posted by Y2KBlack&BlueSVT:
imagine all the trees you'd hit

Hit? no. Go through? yah.

Your from Ontario that means you drive very very slowly and follow the speed limit

- Eric previous: '98 contour sport zetec mtx light prairie tan
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Haven't tried it yet, but the dream is alive

-Chris

-Auto Makor- -Experimentor -Station Wagonor- -Computerizor- I have a foot that is bigger than a foot. SuperChipFOR SALE
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
and i thought the LS 3.0L turbo was a dream. this v8 thing might be just crazy enough to work.

Oo (xxx)oO o xxxxxxxx o
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
hey, just an added note.... i was searching on ebay.co.uk for mondeo stuff to stick on my car, and i found a 1995 mondeo toy car that was modeled after a prototype V-8 mondeo from ford.

according to the guy, i guess they were planning to put a V-8 in the mondeo and race it or something, but scrapped the idea..... maybe someone on fordmondeo.org knows something about this "prototype"

dunno what V-8 they would have used, being 1995....

here's the link to the toy car.... if it's true, someone should know about it

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3540450962&category=223

EDIT: oh, and i'm staring at the pic for the car, and it's a LHD mondeo, maybe from germany???

Last edited by insayne_kokane; 07/31/03 10:31 AM.

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard