Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Originally posted by Y2KBlack&BlueSVT:
wasnt someone making carbon fiber front fenders as well?
The fenders aren't heavy. Unless Ford did some major changes between the pre and post 98s.

Who says you cant push the engine towards the drivers side if you needed the room? Custom trans mount and shortened/lengthened CV shafts.

· Jon Miconi · Coming Soon! · 01 Cougar · 98 V70R
D
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
D
Intresting reading about the V8 lump conversion....love the V8 sound. How's the wieght of the V8 compare with the V6? Will it mean getting some different springs and dampers to cope?
Over here we have a Rover 3.5 V8 and I could maybe get hold off a small block 5.7 chevy?! 5.7 being lighter than the Duratec V6 i been told. Not that hot on V8's...

--- '95 Mk1 Mondeo, State blue 137.6 BHP Resprayed, Combat kit, Louvred bonnet, Rooftip + RS spoiler, Smoked + dropped on 19's!! Polished + ported head, Unichip, Fastroad cams, Twin-exit Powerflow, CTA intake...and LOTS more!
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Anything's possible

I seen an old VW SuperBeetle with a front engine, narrowed 9 inch rear drive, blown 468 ci Chevy bigblock at a carshow once.

I also seen a Harley Davidson that had a transverse mounted Aluminum Chevy 350 smallblock V8 at another show.

No reason why a little block V8 can't fit in a 'Tour with a little coax'n

Course do'in it will probably bring out the following emotions one or more times throughout the project: > >

But once the job is all done, there'll be one Contour owner with a big a$$ smile on his face

Until something breaks!

'95 CONTOUR SE -Enkei 16s -SVT wannabe -Dual escapes w/ 2 1/2" stainless tips -True LED taillight conversion -Audi Xenon Projector Retrofit -Mp3 deck, dual 10s
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
ok, the question about weight was asked twice already. it is about 85 pounds heavier, 2 inches longer, and 2 inches wider and it bolts up to our tranny. no need for major surgery here.

Fifteen men on a dead man's chest... Maverick Machineworks is open for business!! Tell me what you need and I can make it!
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
Here is something interesting I have found

the Continental 4.6 will bolt to a MTX75, then you the block can be modded like a stang 4.6. Oh yeah.

My Transmission Post

Geoff C. Turner 99 Black SVT -mine 99 Blue SE V6 ATX -mom's 96 Black SE MTX -sister's All with 278mm front rotors
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by geoffct:
Here is something interesting I have found

the Continental 4.6 will bolt to a MTX75, then you the block can be modded like a stang 4.6. Oh yeah.

My Transmission Post

Continental 4.6 is very different than Mustang 4.6. Supposed to be much longer anyway. I'd rather go with a newer technology Jag or LS V8.

Oh wait!! I DO have an LS V8

-Auto Makor- -Experimentor -Station Wagonor- -Computerizor- I have a foot that is bigger than a foot. SuperChipFOR SALE
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
yeah, but your v8 isnt in the tour.

Fifteen men on a dead man's chest... Maverick Machineworks is open for business!! Tell me what you need and I can make it!
C
C
If you guys are good HMS may make it happen
I was talking to Terry a few day ago and the idea is been his mind for some time. Everything else is top secret

You can turn a engineer into a sale man but, you can not turn a sale man into an engineer I have walk to the valley of Honda and death for that I should not fear no V-tech 99 cougar,SVT manifold convertion, Tranny upgrade by Haines Motor sports (Quaife lds, Fidanza flywheel, and Clutch Master Stage 3 clutch) 18 Axis Se7ends,GC coiovers,sho sho Y pipe,Wilwood4 piston brake kit
X
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
X
if you're gonna go with v8 power why not convert to all wheel drive? wouldn't the running gear from the mk1 mondeo si 4x4 work? if you've got the cash for the engine swap i don't think importing the required components from england/ germany/ where ever would be out of the question. just a thought...

R
R
Ok for all the people out there who want to try to stuff a v-8 inro a tour its already been done dont know all the specs on it but a buddy of mine works at an auto parts store where i live a guy came in to buy an oil filter for a tour and was asked what engine he said either a 5.7 or 5.9 v8 and the car was rear wheel drive it was a limited production to 300 cars in the world and this was an FBI car
so i guess the feds are getting the good [censored]. and from what i understand it looks like a stock contour
talk about a sleeper

99 Se Rockford,Kenwood,Polk,Xtant,LA Cold Air Intake Intimidator Exhaust no Resonators
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard