A
A
Holy !@#$ that was a long rant

Andrew
99 SVT
#465 03/30/01 03:13 AM
W
W
jjost - wasn't trying to make it personal, but your comments just reminded me to lay some ground rules thats all.
-Mark

------------------
What do you see? Look Again. Do you see
Persaverance? Substance? Odds being trampled? Perspectives changing? Rules collapsing? Meaning? Look Again.
If all you see is a car...
Look Again

1998 SVT Contour.
Silver Frost
Mondeo Badges, KKM, OMP Cast Aluminum Pedals, Eibach Suspension, Flowmaster 40 Series Exhaust w/ 4-1/2" Stainless Steel Vibrant Tips (non-resonated single wall "Dragger Style" Tips), No resonator, Knauberized, B&M Pro Edge Shifter, Brembo Rotors, KVR Carbon Fibre pads, MSD Ignition, Vortech S/C, Hybrid Front Subrame & Suspension and more...
SVT/SHO Society of West
Michigan SouthWest Rep.
GTExtreme1@aol.com

You can do something for Love...
You can do something for Money...
But there is nothing quite so satisfying as doing something out of Spite.
GTExtreme1@aol.com
#466 03/30/01 03:15 AM
T
T
The magazine thing really got me mad because of the broken promise, and thats only alittle thing, what happens about all the BIG promises? Next I wanna know why theres no factory backed performance items like with the Subaru WRX? By the way if I could buy both cars right now I'd buy the WRX, even with its UGLY tailight Finally you are only 1 person so I'm not ever going expect you to make a differnce here, but the SVT Focus buyers better beware Oh yeah I love the way my car rides, handles and performs for what it costs. as a matter of fact I rolled alot of money into this car from my last car, I hope it doesn't let me down or I'm into an Import next time!

Roger R
2000 SVT
#1253 of 2150

Roger R
SVT/SHO Society SE MI rep
2000 CSVT #1253 of 2150
silver frost/midnight blue
2-8" dark blue racing stripes
Mequiars...simply the best!
"...and number 5, now this is the most important Rat, when it comes to making out, whenever possible, put on side one of Led Zeppelin 4"
USMondeo@aol.com
#467 03/30/01 03:25 AM
Y
Y
Well , I guess I've gotta add my 2¢ -

Thanks for taking the time to come here Troy ! Hopefully you take to heart all the things we say ! We didn't buy our SVTs to be grocery getters , we bought 'em because they're a great handling , mid-sized ENTHUSIAST car with PLENTY of room for groceries (or kids or whatever) .

First off with the SVTOA issue & the magazine & all ...
I bought my SVT on 1-24-01 and was told I will be getting the magazine & whatever for a year . It only 2 months later , I went to the dealer (grrrr) to get a copy of the SVT ENTHUSIAST magazine and it says I must pay $40 to get the mag from now on !! What the hell ? I know it's not THAT quick of a decision to change something like that . I talked to SVTOA about maybe getting a complimentary 1 yr. subscription since I JUST bought my car ... NO LUCK ! Only CURRENT MODEL YEARS get the 1 yr. comp . I realise it's a 2000 , but I just ponied up a BUTT LOAD of money for this car ! And YES , the 20+ thousand dollars is a hell of a lot of money to me ! The least you could do is grandfather in the NEW SVT owners into the new plan !!! I went into this thinking it'd be cool to get this too ... only to be dissed 2 months later . I mean , what could it possibly hurt Ford/SVT to do that to keep future customers ?? I mean , my future with new Ford or SVT cars is hanging in the balance here !

As for the SVT merchandise ...
Why should I suffer by having no Contour SVT merchandise to buy to show off my Contour SVT pride ? Give us NEW SVT owners a chance ! Also , many used SVT owners are popping up realising now that Contour SVT's are a great car ! Maybe THEY want to show off THEIR pride too . Up until 2 months ago , I was driving a '95 SE Contour , why would I buy SVT merchandise when I didn't even have the car ? Or even the body style ? Yea well , I guess SVT ignored SVT Contours there too ...

All the P.R. hype for this new SVT Focus makes me wanna HURL ! The car is HALF the car that the Contour is , you know it , & I know it . The Contour is a great car , with pretty much room , and a TRUNK ! What the hell is that in the back of the 2 door Focus ?? You couldn't fit a deck of cards in the back of that thing ! The nice trunk in a mid-sized car is part of the reason I bought my '95 , luckily Ford didn't decontent part of my trunk in my '00 trying to cheapen up the car . The decontentented everything else ! I realise the decontenting isn't all you fault , but c'mon look at the stuff you're giving the Focus ... heated seats , fancy pedals , cool shift knob , oil & temp gauges , 17" wheels & so on . Why no effort to go over the top like that for the Contour SVT ?? Why no 17" wheels for the Contour SVT ?? You're putting 17 inchers on a pipsqueak car like the Focus ... do you realise how those help a mid-sized car like the Contour ? Maybe you do ... then why not do it on later ones ? Didn't want to put the effort into new wheels on a dying car ?? Figures !

Why no improvements on weak or failing parts on the Contour as in other SVT products ? Others have brought this up , so I'll et them speak . Why didn't the SVT Contours have a stronger tranny put in it ? Why no Limited Slip Diff in the SVT Contour ?? That would've really helped the car & it's handling & stuff . They even had LSD's in Nissan SER's for god's-sake ! And SER's have similar performance numbers for almost half the cost of the Contour SVT ... WITH AN LSD !

There has been lack of love for the Contour SVT from the get-go at SVT ... you can tell me what you want ! It got no respect (as Rodney Dangerfield would say) .

If you're proud of the Contour SVT ... then PROVE IT ! DO THE RIGHT THING ! AKNOWLEDGE US ... WE WILL NOT GO AWAY ! We love our SVT's , but it's hard when Ford & SVT don't even make note that we existed ! You guys at SVT made a hell of a car in the Contour SVT , it's a shame Ford dropped the ball & screwed the Contour out of existance .

You say the SVT Contour will be dearly missed at SVT ... YEA , RIGHT ! We'll always be the red-headed stepchild you wish you never had . Or else you would've hyped the Contour SVT like you're doing to the Focus . You jumped ship on the Contour when times got tough ! That shows how much SVT cares for the Contour . I feel abandoned ...

Man , that's quite a rant ... sorry ! But it's how I feel (you asked !) Thanks again for your time !

------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Allen
Go Redwings !!!

2000 Contour SVT Black w/ Tan #2137 of 2150 / built 2-4-00
Mods : ~ Factory DRL mod ~ "Powered by Ford" seatbelt covers
~ OF's TH fix ~ Audi A-6 Side Repeaters ~ Highs in Lows Mod
~ #885 foggies ~ K&N filter ~ Mondeo ST200 Badging & Shiftknob
Very Soon : ~ More "Mondeo-izing" and a ton of RE-contenting ~
My old 95 'Tour
Our new SVT

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Allen

********** Love Those REDWINGS !!! **********

2000 Contour SVT Black w/ Tan #2137 of 2150 / built 2-4-00
Mods : ~ Factory DRL mod ~ "Powered by Ford" seatbelt covers
~ OF's TH fix ~ Audi A-6 Side Repeaters ~ Highs in Lows Mod
~ #885 foggies ~ KKM filter ~ Mondeo ST200 Badging & Shiftknob
~ Pre-98 Sails ~ Nose Bra ~ Trunk cargo net ~ '98 Clock
~ "Glasspacked" Resonator ~ Painted Rear Reflector
~ Räzo Pedals ~ Custom "Mondeo" Windscreen Banner ~ Ventvisors
~ Lighted Moonroof Switch ~ Mystique Rear Seat Light
~ Painted Grille Ring ~ H&R Springs & Mondeo ST200 Struts
~ Mille Miglia "Cello" Wheels

My old 95 \'Tour SE ~ New SVT pics here
#468 03/30/01 03:29 AM
S
S
In a recent motor trend article there is the FR200 Focus VS a corvette Z06 in the article ford says the parts on this car will more than likely be sold through its Ford racing performance parts catalogues why wasn't this done for the contour, i think very little thought went into this car, Now the SVT focus has a hell of alot of thought put into it Heated seats, & mirrors, 6 speed Tranny ,17 inch wheels, CD changer ETC...
I am happy with my car i just wish it had a little respect and more notice from SVT Ford.
I would love to have an SVT Magazine sent to me.
Whats your direct E-MAIL address?

------------------
99 SVT Amazon Green,#151
Born on 10/07/98
Adopted 7/15/00
K&N drop in,00 spoiler,
Sho-Shop Y pipe
Mobil 1

[This message has been edited by slim shady (edited March 29, 2001).]

99 SVT Tropic Green
#151 of 503/ 2760 total
Born on 10/07/98
Adopted 7/15/00
LETS GO RANGERS (looking good this year)
#469 03/30/01 04:04 AM
Q
Q
Troy,

I'm gonna be nice here, especially since someone from SVT finally took the time to address some of our concerns.

1.) First and foremost, when you are leaving out SVT Contour owners in terms of support, publicity, parts, and overall respect, you(SVT) is really shooting itself in the foot. This car is owned mostly by 21-34 year olds who are just coming to, or will soon be at the heigth of their earning potential. These people will be in the market, SOON, to by a fun automobile to grace their garages. Will that car be an SVT? Not if you don't address some of concerns especially:

A.) Developing an implimenting (at no cost to SVT Contour owners) a permanent fix for our inheritly weak transmissions. This would be a GREAT start.
B.) The waterpump issue...
C.) Very important! Address the improperly baffled oil pan that has caused so many costly engine failures.
D.) Lastly, give us some respect. We really enjoy our cars, even throughout all the hastles that have developed with them. These people are true enthusiasts and for some reason that we are still trying to figure out, loyal to SVT. This will quickly disappear if something is not done soon!

P.S. Please remember, V-8's are NOT the performance engine of choice in the future. The import type performance craze is here to stay, adjust your marketing focus accordingly lest you be left out in the cold while Honda, Toyota, and Mitusbishi, steal away all your yoounger buyers.

------------------
98.5 Toreador Red SVT
KKM intake
Tsudo custom exhaust
JSP GTR wing
Eibach lowering springs
Koni Adjustable struts
Engine mounts
Autometer shift light
Bosch Hi-Pro wires
Bosch Platnium plugs
Audi A4 sidemarkers
Fog light mod
Th/Moosing fix
Rear dome light mod
Lighted moonroof switch mod
Glovebox light mod

98.5 SVT ~ diamond white metallic custom DuPount paint ~ shaved antenna, trunk key hole, and ding strips ~ roof mounted antenna ~ 20% tint ~ clear corners (front) ~ Audi A4 sidemarkers ~ 17" Mille Mille Evo 5 wheels with Yokahama Parada Spec-2 tires ~ Koni adj. struts ~ Eibach springs ~ SMA rear strut tower brace (front no longer fits ~ Powerstop cross-drilled rotors ~ Mintex A/F pads ~ ploy bushings including motor mount insert ~ 3L conversion ~ full custom intake ~ custom Cardoc exhaust ~ gutted precats ~ 24lb injectors ~ 3L upper and lower intakes ~ Rear dome light mod ~ glovebox light mod ~ lighted moon-roof switch mod ~ fog light mod ~ Autometer shift light ~ FCO indiglow guages ~ body color interior bits ~ some custom sound

Administrator www.fordcontour.org
#470 03/30/01 04:47 AM
I'll make it quick and simple.

My bumper sags and the dealer said there was nothing they could do after having my car for two days.

I'm afraid that one day i might actually use my car as it was intended (spirited driving) and upon takeoff, realize my diff. is busted.

Texas heat scares me when i hear of waterpump failures.

I get a "special" car that i am afraid, at times, to drive hard and i can't even buy an authorized item, be it a shirt or hat.

That's it from me, so far.

99 SVT Contour
02 Protege5
#471 03/30/01 05:15 AM
Well I guess I will chime in. In the first 6 months of ownership the car was at the dealer at more than 15 times, and to no avail. I still have the problem and they wont do anytime more to attempt to fix it, they just claim I must have done something. I have paid over $500 and the problem persists to this day. I consider the problem a safety concern and the back end sways right and left on right bends at highway speed, I can also get a large feedback if I jerk the steering wheel to the right and I get nothing when I do it to the left.

Above and beyond that one major thing I'll chime in on the tranny problem that my dealer wont do a thing about. I get grinds shifting into 3rd and it is tough to get into gear upon startup.

For the most part I love my car, I am 21 and this is my 4th car. My first was a 96 contour se, which unfortunately was stolen 3 weeks after I bought it, I also had a 99 cougar, but the same as this one I loved it but the same problems just kept coming up, and I had just had enough and sold it. I am now looking to purchase a 01 VW GTI as it feels alot tighter and my mother has had a vw for 2 yrs without 1 problem at all, and my brother has had 2 over 8 years with the same results, not 1 unscheduled trip to the dealer. I wish I could go 2 months.

2001 VW Golf GLS 1.8 Turbo
220hp/260tq
Porsche Cup 3s rims w/225 45 17 tires
Oettinger Grille, Votex Rear Spoiler, and way more mods
#472 03/30/01 05:33 AM
J
J
I agree with what many of the others have already said. The problems with the car are due to Ford more than SVT, but if you are going to slap on the SVT emblem...why not fix a few things that are broken?? Just makes sense to me. Kind of like how SVT didn't come out with a Cobra for the year 2000 because they didn't want to put out a product like the '99 Cobra out again.

I'd probably buy a SVT mug and maybe even a shirt. If by chance there was SVT Contour shot glass I'd buy that in a heart beat. I've started a shot glass collection and would love to have a SVT shot glass. No drinking and driving though.

I'd really like to see some things from the Mondeo come to our shores. I'm more into go than show, which is why I love my car so much. Very subtle exterior changes in my opinion that can leave you guessing about the car. Then you rev the engine and its pure bliss.

Thank you for your time Troy. It is much appreciated from everyone here at CEG. If SVT makes an appearance at Spring Zing, they are sure to make many happy. I just wish I could go to see it happen. I'll just have to settle with everyone telling great stories instead.

'99 SVT Contour
1298 of 2760
#473 03/30/01 05:47 AM
J
J
I've been at this site for a long time. I've seen a lot of posts....So.....

1- FIX THE BUMPER SAG!!!!!!!!
2- FIX THE WEAK TRANS / WEAK DIFF!!!!!!!!
3- GET US SOME GEAR *shirts, hats, etc.*

Thanks.
jf
ps had to be quick leaving the house.

1998 SVT, Silver, Mods.
1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo, Mods.
-- www.cerraracing.com --
Page 4 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard