Originally posted by sosaudio1:
Easiest way...go to a boneyard, rip a Zetec engine out. Have the block checked to make sure someone didn't forget to add coolant or that the easiest way to make a rod evacuate is thru the block...sorry...in other words, cracked block? RED FLAG! Holes where there weren't any before??? RED FLAG! Remember guys, he is starting off with a Contour. The idea out there is to buy a used engine off ebay...This although, not bad to have in terms of spare engines, inherently WILL have some flaws in it. The idea to use a block from a Zetec from a junkyard has a couple good things going for it. A)Overall cost...think about shipping an engine to your door...unless you just feel like driving, B)There MAY be a few things that can be replaced or crossbred into the contour engine. But again, looking at what you want to do, start by finding a good block and do your machine work, buy the pistons, buy the extra parts and just start sinking the stuff in. As for the head, check around. Most good j-yards have the ability to check around for other yards that may even have a decent head for that car.

Lots of variables....you need to do LOTS of mad research to figure some things out. You can make it happen and when you do we will want the Dyno slips

L8R
Rich

I know the original plan has some flaws in it, this is just something I came up with in about 10 mins of thinking lol That's the reason I posted it here is get everyones opinions and suggestions and wisdom, which I don't have, I am fairly smart when it comes to engines, but I know there is alot more I need to know before doing something like this, so any little bit of information helps...

Thanks for all the feedback so far, this is exactly what I was looking for when I posted this...

~*TJ*~ 97 GL Sport Zetec MTX ~*RIP*~ Connie~*1/21/02* Sold the Zetec, now the prouud owner of an 01 VW GTi VR6 - Sold the GTI now have 97 Mustang Cobra