Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#467357 10/28/02 04:56 AM
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Umm nevermind.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
#467358 10/28/02 04:57 AM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
do people still not realize not all zetec were created equally some have VCT some don't some have this some have that.

2003 Subaru WRX some mods Even if you don't have the answer, you certainly have to admire the problem. aka ZetecRacing
#467359 10/28/02 08:50 AM
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Easiest way...go to a boneyard, rip a Zetec engine out. Have the block checked to make sure someone didn't forget to add coolant or that the easiest way to make a rod evacuate is thru the block...sorry...in other words, cracked block? RED FLAG! Holes where there weren't any before??? RED FLAG! Remember guys, he is starting off with a Contour. The idea out there is to buy a used engine off ebay...This although, not bad to have in terms of spare engines, inherently WILL have some flaws in it. The idea to use a block from a Zetec from a junkyard has a couple good things going for it. A)Overall cost...think about shipping an engine to your door...unless you just feel like driving, B)There MAY be a few things that can be replaced or crossbred into the contour engine. But again, looking at what you want to do, start by finding a good block and do your machine work, buy the pistons, buy the extra parts and just start sinking the stuff in. As for the head, check around. Most good j-yards have the ability to check around for other yards that may even have a decent head for that car.

Lots of variables....you need to do LOTS of mad research to figure some things out. You can make it happen and when you do we will want the Dyno slips

L8R
Rich

'04 Ecotec Cavi 140hp/150tq Fabbed intake. Header Coming, DRL's disabled, X-Drilled/slotted rotors coming....Man you really are fast. You were hauling a$$ when I passed you RB&LB causing problems in Huntsville
#467360 10/28/02 07:26 PM
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by ZetecRacing:
if you are looking to have the heads done why not just buy a pre done kit ZXtuner has a few options for heads for the Zetec...

I seen that, Probably something I will do instead of working with the old head..

~*TJ*~ 97 GL Sport Zetec MTX ~*RIP*~ Connie~*1/21/02* Sold the Zetec, now the prouud owner of an 01 VW GTi VR6 - Sold the GTI now have 97 Mustang Cobra
#467361 10/28/02 07:33 PM
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by sosaudio1:
Easiest way...go to a boneyard, rip a Zetec engine out. Have the block checked to make sure someone didn't forget to add coolant or that the easiest way to make a rod evacuate is thru the block...sorry...in other words, cracked block? RED FLAG! Holes where there weren't any before??? RED FLAG! Remember guys, he is starting off with a Contour. The idea out there is to buy a used engine off ebay...This although, not bad to have in terms of spare engines, inherently WILL have some flaws in it. The idea to use a block from a Zetec from a junkyard has a couple good things going for it. A)Overall cost...think about shipping an engine to your door...unless you just feel like driving, B)There MAY be a few things that can be replaced or crossbred into the contour engine. But again, looking at what you want to do, start by finding a good block and do your machine work, buy the pistons, buy the extra parts and just start sinking the stuff in. As for the head, check around. Most good j-yards have the ability to check around for other yards that may even have a decent head for that car.

Lots of variables....you need to do LOTS of mad research to figure some things out. You can make it happen and when you do we will want the Dyno slips

L8R
Rich

I know the original plan has some flaws in it, this is just something I came up with in about 10 mins of thinking lol That's the reason I posted it here is get everyones opinions and suggestions and wisdom, which I don't have, I am fairly smart when it comes to engines, but I know there is alot more I need to know before doing something like this, so any little bit of information helps...

Thanks for all the feedback so far, this is exactly what I was looking for when I posted this...

~*TJ*~ 97 GL Sport Zetec MTX ~*RIP*~ Connie~*1/21/02* Sold the Zetec, now the prouud owner of an 01 VW GTi VR6 - Sold the GTI now have 97 Mustang Cobra
#467362 10/29/02 05:44 AM
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
You want to do the same thing I am doing! My goal is to get around 200-250 HP out my Zetec N/A and when I acomplish that, then I am going to go with the turbo. Should be good for about 350-400 HP if I am lucky. I am glad to see I am not the only one here lacking sanity when it comes to modding Zetecs!

My Zetec died one too many times so I got a new car. 1992 Camaro RS 305 TBI with T-5 M/T, high flow cat, custom cat back exhuast. Soon to be home to a LS1 stroked to a 383 with a T-56. Hey Brad, want to race?
#467363 10/29/02 05:47 AM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by remy:
You want to do the same thing I am doing! My goal is to get around 200-250 HP out my Zetec N/A and when I acomplish that, then I am going to go with the turbo. Should be good for about 350-400 HP if I am lucky. I am glad to see I am not the only one here lacking sanity when it comes to modding Zetecs!

ummm I'm doing alot of the things like you and him I just being a little hush hush about what exactly all I am doing till I finished

2003 Subaru WRX some mods Even if you don't have the answer, you certainly have to admire the problem. aka ZetecRacing
#467364 10/29/02 06:20 AM
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Problem with that (getting the Zetec up to 200-250Hp) is you will most likey have a higher compression, something the turbo doesn't like. Don't want a blown Zetec.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
#467365 10/29/02 06:25 AM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by Hector:
Problem with that (getting the Zetec up to 200-250Hp) is you will most likey have a higher compression, something the turbo doesn't like. Don't want a blown Zetec.

BINGO.....

#467366 10/29/02 08:17 PM
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
You would really have to completely rebuild the engine if you wanted to add a turbo to it after you do the N/A setup... I am going to build this engine NA and my old motor I am going to setup with a turbo, have 2 powerful engines for the car, what could be more fun lol Of course this is all plan, I will not know how much I can do until after I get this job and get settled and start saving some money... So this will be a long project for me and something fun to do...

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard