Originally posted by D Davis:
Sorry guys. We got rained out Saturday about 2 hours before I would've been on the track. Sunday didn't look good either when we started, so I didn't even bring the camera. I did get to run, though. One of the guys took some pics w/ his digital camera and should be sending them to me today. Lemme see if I can break down my 20 minutes or so on the track:

Note: Between 6 & 9 we used the straighter path at the top. The numbers may appear different in this section due to the configuration we used.

Front stretch: Topped out at about 100 mph. I might've been able to reach 105, but I didn't trust my brakes to hold up that well under such heavy breaking.

Turns 1, 2 & 3: Holding about 50 mph until just before the apex on 3, then flat out in 3rd to about 70.

Turns 4 & 5: Quick slowing to 40-ish (there is a concrete wall I didn't wanna hit) and pulling hard into 5.

Turn 6: Engine braking through 6. Quick stab of the brakes to set up for the "S" before turn 7 on their map.

Turns 7 - 9: Full throttle in 3rd (upper RPMs).

Turn 10: Again, full throttle, bumping the rumble strip every time. If you don't come out of this turn correctly, you'll completely goof 11 & 12.

Turns 11 & 12: Braking before 11, heel-toe to 2nd and pulling through these two turns around 35 mph. Just before the apex of 12, mashing the gas to swing wide onto the front stretch and doing it all over again.

This was way too much fun I recommend everyone that really wants to feel the limits of their car do something like this. My tires were screaming at almost every instance on this course.

I had a Del Sol behind me for a couple laps that I was making distance on through the turns (yes, he'd ran this course before). We seemed pretty dead-even through the front straight. I allowed him to pass the 3rd time, though, because I was braking earlier than most into 1 for fear of the brakes letting go.

Next time we do this, I'll make better preparations to bring the camera. Joe, that's an excellent idea mounting the camera to the passenger seat. That never occured to me until you mentioned it.

Anyway, I think I no longer have a desire to take my car to the drag strip. I'm all about the road racing!!
You need some suspension.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ