Again you back your argument saying "the guy in the audio shop said" Well no [censored], he sells the stuff. You really are daft aren't you? You say you listened to the JL sub in and it was better than your sub? Maybe because you own it? Kind of like how some people are convinced the car they own is and always will be the greatest thing ever built. Step into reality man!

In reply to:

whan i listened to that jl sub it does not sound as deep as a sunfire. how can anyone dismiss this?? no one here has taken a listen to these yet you all are talking like you have. what have i said can be proven wrong? for example, the basslink claims 20hz, hahaha thats a joke, it stumbles on 30.

We can dismiss it because it merely your opinion which right now means about as much to people here as me farting, only my farts aren't as full of [censored] as you. We can't prove you wrong, as even if we did you wouldn't accept our mere "facts" against your opinion. Silly us for trying to educate you right?

In reply to:

there you go again dave, spewing the obvious, of course ported makes a difference, they can be tuned also, ever notice the golf ball looking dimples in them these days? to reduce chuffing, how about the front baffle? rounded too to prevent port noise. i can say the car crap that i have heard sealed or not is crap compared to home.

I have a PB15 in a sealed box in the Focus. If you listened to it you would look like a retard if afterwards you calle dit crap. I'll use your own horrible argument against you here. I claim that my PB15 sounds better than anything in the entire universe. You can't say I'm wrong as you never heard it. Until you hear it you must accept my statement as true. That's what you are expecting of us isn't it?

In reply to:

did you know some speakers are not built to be sealed? are you familiar with earthquake from car to home. it is written documentation that focal is lesser quality then jm lab so what the hell are you making up?

You speak of Dave spewing the obvious, then make this statement? Can you not hold a thought for over a second? Also, besides what you just wrote, show me where that was written. Seriously, it would be nice to see.

In reply to:

the sales rep told me this was the box for it. all this i know what im talking about isnt [censored]. i know what i heard and its different from the trash im hearing here from you nonexperienced fools. dave the dumbass, mcintosh for their car amps say in literature that no specs change when bridged, but you say they do, well theres proof. headphones at 20hz, hahaha unless you spent at least 350, it aint happening. all the bass i have ever heard in my life is cheap ass bass. except home audio.

You call us "nonexperienced" yet all you have for credentials is that you bought a sub and like it. You also note you've heard different subs in different stores. Good for you! So have I, I have also wandered into stereo shops (both home and car audio locations, not just car audio and listened to what I could. I notice a funny thing though. While home audio locations usually have acoustically seperated rooms to listen to the systems without the ambient noise, the locations with the JL subs among others have everything crammed into a wall in an open environment where every sound made from every persom in the room interferes. I love your comparisson method, really accurate! BTW my headphones were $138 CDN and can play 20 HZ (I have a test tone generator on the computer, so yes, I can say it was a 20Hz tone) And I will once again remind you the subwoofer in my car sounds anything but cheap.

In reply to:

good analogy considering you have no idea on this subject. dave hasnt proven anything, i know what i heard and what i hear at home car audio sucks nuts. teahs spec and references? how about anyone here to actually take the challange and listen for your self. there is 30hz and there is 30hz.

I am begining to think you may not be a car audio fan... I think you can't read the specs and it's pissing you off so you are falling back on "My hearing is more precise than any testing instruments" which obviously is not even a real argument. And please try to come up with something a little more clever than "sucks nuts". It isn't helping to make you seem any more intelligent. Just a thought

In reply to:

my problem with some car audio, i have heard some trash and thats where it should be, the over amplification of higher frequencies masking the lowers, i have heard this myself. ohh man i couldnt wait to get home to drain out the mess i heard. i have heard 1 car stero with actual good bass in my life the rest was the 40hz and up trash bass. you say i always mention 20hz, thats because thats what impresses me, not 40 which any speaker can do but 20hz. it is very difficult for any speaker to do 20 with the exact same db as 50hz. im saying truly flat, the sunfire was measured down to 18 with i believe +-2 so the junior is not the same.

You have heard trash, well hooray, now find some good car setups and listen to them. A well setup system does not have all your listed problems. I am curious though, you seem to think that any bass played above 20Hz is a horrible thing, so what music do you listen to? You may be surprised to know that if you set your crossover higher than 20Hz and hook up some speakers along with your little sub the music becomes more accurate to the original recording (you can now make out people's voices, and things like guitars now make sounds!!!). Now I'm not telling you to set the sub at 600Hz or anything, you can stay at a lower level, but do give it a try!

In reply to:

max wattage, excursion, boxes, etc aside....all else equal it is very hard to find a 10 to do 20hz flat. this has gotten to far too, the original post was me saying home audio will stomp car auido. no matter what you say it will not happen, it will not be any different, home will sound better. i gave a challange now im waiting for volunteers to go listen.

Um, no your original post simply said "car audio sucks nutz", a far cry from your cleaned up version. Home audio is alot easier to set up. I am going to be building my home theatre myself as soon as I can afford to do it. Until then I will stick to the car. Nobody ever told you Car audio is better than home audio. I even said so myself a couple pages back. Try reading what you are arguing against next time. Just incase you decide not to I'll say it here too.

Home audio in general sounds better than in car audio as in the home you will not have to deal with such things as speaker location (kicks or doors, either is not the perfect location, where as in your house you can put them wherever you need to) ambient noise (sit in a car on the highway, now sit in you living room, bit of a difference right?) So does this mean it's impossible for a car stereo to sound good? No, and you're an idiot for thinking so. It just means you must try really hard to get it to sound good. You just haven't found anybody that has put any effort into thier car stereo yet.

Now you have a nice day and I await your response "No you am dumb and car stereo is sucks nuts"

2003 Ford Focus ZX3 "Tarmac" http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2352003