Originally posted by Honkeytonk Monkey:
You should probably consider giving this up man. You are obviously outclassed here. Let it go. You have gone from being seen as wrong/not very knowledgeable to just plain ignorant. You have not backed any argument with fact, just your opinion (which is wrong). Meanwhile Dave has brought specs, references, and technical explanations to his side of the argument. You can't win, it just isn't possible (although it is highly entertaining) This is about the same as watching a Focus race a Twin Turbo Corvette. You feel sorry for the Focus as it is the second slowest car ever built and it's trying it's best to beat a 650hp beast. Do you get what I'm saying? You are the Focus, Dave is the Vette. You lose. It is highly entertaining much like that race would be, but I think it would get boring to watch the Focus get beat down after a few tries. Keep trying though lil' guy

see what i mean, the average dumbass jumping in and has no clue, dave i have actually listened to all this stuff i speak of, i know what i heard. the true sub cannot be a junior, it was made before junior was even invented. it has a 8" cone with surrounds making it about 10, as far as excursion goes, it has plenty i believe about 2 inches.
supposedly pushes as much as 3 15's.

whan i listened to that jl sub it does not sound as deep as a sunfire. how can anyone dismiss this?? no one here has taken a listen to these yet you all are talking like you have. what have i said can be proven wrong? for example, the basslink claims 20hz, hahaha thats a joke, it stumbles on 30.

there you go again dave, spewing the obvious, of course ported makes a difference, they can be tuned also, ever notice the golf ball looking dimples in them these days? to reduce chuffing, how about the front baffle? rounded too to prevent port noise. i can say the car crap that i have heard sealed or not is crap compared to home.

did you know some speakers are not built to be sealed? are you familiar with earthquake from car to home. it is written documentation that focal is lesser quality then jm lab so what the hell are you making up?

if anybody in the everett area thinks im telling a tale, take a bass mechanic cd play it at 20hz, store locations are car toys toward the end of everett mall way, and the magnolia just a tick up the street from the mall. car toys has the 12 ws7 and magnolia carries rel and sunfire. pop that disk in and tell me which one sounds deeper then come back here and post what you heard. not loudness but depth of 20hz and compare it to the loudness of 40hz ill bet you the ws7 will drop off. all eq's off bass and treble centered, loudness off.

the sales rep told me this was the box for it. all this i know what im talking about isnt [censored]. i know what i heard and its different from the trash im hearing here from you nonexperienced fools. dave the dumbass, mcintosh for their car amps say in literature that no specs change when bridged, but you say they do, well theres proof. headphones at 20hz, hahaha unless you spent at least 350, it aint happening. all the bass i have ever heard in my life is cheap ass bass. except home audio.

good analogy considering you have no idea on this subject. dave hasnt proven anything, i know what i heard and what i hear at home car audio sucks nuts. teahs spec and references? how about anyone here to actually take the challange and listen for your self. there is 30hz and there is 30hz.

my problem with some car audio, i have heard some trash and thats where it should be, the over amplification of higher frequencies masking the lowers, i have heard this myself. ohh man i couldnt wait to get home to drain out the mess i heard. i have heard 1 car stero with actual good bass in my life the rest was the 40hz and up trash bass. you say i always mention 20hz, thats because thats what impresses me, not 40 which any speaker can do but 20hz. it is very difficult for any speaker to do 20 with the exact same db as 50hz. im saying truly flat, the sunfire was measured down to 18 with i believe +-2 so the junior is not the same.

max wattage, excursion, boxes, etc aside....all else equal it is very hard to find a 10 to do 20hz flat. this has gotten to far too, the original post was me saying home audio will stomp car auido. no matter what you say it will not happen, it will not be any different, home will sound better. i gave a challange now im waiting for volunteers to go listen.