Originally posted by contour se driver:
Thank you cthomp21, someone else is exposing this dnewman or what ever his name is.

He was exposing you, not me.

In reply to:

It's funny cause you always say a name or roll eyeball or something immature. I have yet to do either, you havent read my posts clear enough.

I think we all tried to read them. Perhaps you should try being more clear.

In reply to:

To me power handling, excursion, all the other mumbo jumbo you speak means nothing to me.

That fact that physics means nothing to you doesn't surprise me.

In reply to:

What does is a small sub, preferably a 10 will do 20hz as loud as 60 hz. The challange was find a sub like sunfire, aka an 8, that will play as low as loud.

Again, I don't quite follow. If you are looking for an 8 that will produce the same levels as the Sunfire, I could come up with one or two.

Since you mention an 8", I will assume that you are referring to the original Sunfire sub that is now dubbed the "Sunfire Junior". It specs indicate a FR of 25-100hz +0-3 dB at 108 dB in room response.

Based on typical home room gain of a couple of dB in the lowest octave, I would guess that it has an anechoic F3 of 28-30 hz. The room gain allows the F3 to drop to 25 hz. Since it is a PR design, it will show a third order rolloff below the tuning freq which means that down at 18 hz, it could be off by 10-12 dB from the 108 it is producing over the rest of the pass band.

In reply to:

you said there was, now from who?

I will email Thilo from TC Sounds to get a list of the other mfgs who buy his 8" sub. I may not be at liberty to say but I will make an attempt.

Let me get some clarification before we go on with this. Are you asking for me to get an 8" sub that will fit in a 9" cube and reach 108 dB in a room at 25 hz? Or are you challenging me to find a sub, in general, that will outperform the Sunfire?

In reply to:

Also what speaker manufacturer has a set that cost 160k?

Genesis Advanced Technologies. Genesis 1. It looks like the latest iteration is selling for 135k, not 160k.

In reply to:

The most expensive i know about cost 250k Pulling figures and lies out of thin air means nothing to me.

Again, no one cares. I don't care about the genesis 1.1, I don't care about 250k speakers, I don't care if you spent 15.00. It has no relevance and doesn't do anything to back up one of your arguments.

In reply to:

20hz bass does.

Then get away from Sunfire. Why would you want a miniscule 8" sub that only produces 108 dB in room producing your subbass? I can understand if the spouse doesn't want to see it, but if you are looking for the ultimate performance, the Sunfire is not what you should be looking at.

In reply to:

JL audio is a joke.

And you are a tool...I can't believe you actually have me here defending JL. I like to tell everyone to buy other equipment for cheaper, but you are such an ass that I am forced to defend them just in case a newbie decides to follow you filthy BS that you are spreading.

In reply to:

I have listened to it and am not impressed.

Heard what? A sub? W0, W1, W3, W4, W6, W6v2, W7? Which one, which size? What kind of car? What kind of box Sealed, ported, BP, TL, IB, aperiodic membrane?

In reply to:

I still think sunfire plays deaper. Which was my whole point.

I gave you a list of 10-15 subs that will play deeper at nearly 2x the output of the sunfire. You didn't mention a size restriction originally, which is why I didn't mention an 8" because of the inherent bass limitations of an 8.

In reply to:

Till you give me a name, and a shop, i will hold your words as make believe. Everything you have said can be read out of a mgazine, try saying something for yourself.

...and I will hold you entire existence as make believe until you come up with a well thought out, coherent response. Everything I said could be read out of books, magazines, white papers, internet sources, mailing lists, forums, etc....you are absolutely right in your assessment and that may be the difference between you and me. You fall for marketing BS, whereas I research the products, the technology, design, materials and mfgs of the products.

In reply to:

Just beacuse you can,t afford it doesnt make it overpriced,

How do you know what I can afford? It just so happens that I can't afford it right now. We have a bit too many bills to afford such luxuries at this point.

In reply to:

if you know anything about audio you will know that any ati is a very good deal

I do know a little about Audio and ATI can only be considered a "value" because there are more expensive amps out there. There are also cheaper amps that will provide the same type of performance.

In reply to:

but you have already exposed yourself numerous times.
Lets keep your fantasies out of the argument.

In reply to:

I just wonder what other misimformed monkeys will believe your thin air language.

My thin air language can actually be understood. It doesn't appear that you can put together a rational thought. I can only assume that Everett is in another country and English is your second language?

In reply to:

I'm just trying to help you be a better consumer.

In what way has any of your misinformed ramblings made anyone a better consumer? The only thing I can hope is that some other under-educated troll will learn from your mistakes and purchase "hooked on phonics."

In reply to:

Samson? i found them, try not to brag for your buddy. As i said before watts are cheap, car audio sucks nuts.

I wasn't bragging for my "buddy", you asked what king of amplifier he was using. I answered your question.

If you don't like car audio, why bother posting here? It's not like you have any valuable information, or a valid point, so why don't you go away?

"If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit" -Mitch Hedberg