"Carver does have a reputation of doing things different. In this case, he decided to sacrifice effeciency in order to have low bass and small enclosure size (much like nearly every car subwoofer on the market). He made up for the lack of effeciency with a lot of power (the 2500w are greatly exaggerated btw) as bench tests have shown a rating of about 500w.

Did you know that a top end amp manufacture accepted a challenge to try to identify their refereance 30k amplifier against a middle of the road car amplifier? The company would have been able to take home 45k if they could hear the difference. They failed miserably."

HAHAHAHA. Show me 1 sub that will play 18hz the way sunfire does. Every car sub maker on the market?? HAHAHAHA, thats a joke. i have NEVER EVER heard any car audio come close to home. NONE. I have perfect hearing, a 30k amp will dominate a 500 dollar car amp i guarentee it. Try speaking from experience, i have heard 80k speakers not including the rest of the system. The Sunfire plays bass deeper then the ws7, JL audio is a joke from what i heard too. I would never put that crap in a serious car setup.

sounds like to me you have never heard true bass.