Sorry to take soo long. I'm not a noob by the way, i just never really post anything. Spending money on hame doesnt make car audio suck. It is the fact that a 5k home setup will most likely sound better then a 10k setup in a car. I recently added basslink to my tour and it sucks nut compared to my home stereo. Yes, i have been spoiled, but i have NEVER heard ANYTHING from car come even close.

I get sick and tired of hearing the shops say "It's the box, it's not tuned" or "this box wasnt built for this sub". I recently listened to a JL audio ws7 whatever one. It's their flat cone that takes almost a 1000 watts. The sales guy told me it was the box that is for that sub. A 1000 dollar sub only sounded like as*. I've heard 8's that drop deaper then that thing. Yup i'm talking about sunfire. Name one sub that will compete with that with amp for the exact same price.

So i say car audio sucks nuts. I've heard the Focal 1000 dollar setup which sounded like as*. With speakers sound like trash, it is really difficult to tell whether the amp, or even head units are sounding like crap. It just amazes me that a person could buy so much cheap wattage and crappy sound that it adds up to more what a decent home stereo could sound like. Oh and dont even mention Mark Levinson in the lexus, a low end cd player from those guys cost 6k alone. Do you really thing they put 20-30k worth of audio in that thing?

So, i say car audio sucks nuts.