Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
well, if u want a cheap car that has a warranty that will be used often after a few years, and have a not so great car then a hyundai is for you,,, i'd rather have my 'tour though due to the fact that i see a lotta hyundais with smoke pouring from their tailpipes,etc. plus contour has more power, rides better, handles better, looks better, is better, smells better, even taste better (stupid korean paint, can't hang with american paint).

As the regular driver of my Contour and our new Sonata, I'll agree that the Contour handles better. Everything else is nonsense. The new Sonata is a first-class car with or without the warranty. Besides, you won't see mine with smoke pouring from the tailpipe because Hyundai has agreed to fix it for the next 12 years no questions asked. Compare that to the three visits and one angry phone call I had to make to get my Ford dealer to replace my serpentine belt tensioner on my Contour after it was out of warranty! Their first solution was to spray belt dressing on the serpentine . Don't get me wrong, I love my Contour and I have since the day I bought it. It's as comfortable as an easy chair and handles like an extension of my arms and legs. But Ford has been an absolute horses**t company to deal with. I have some mechanical skills and the Haines manual with which I hope to become somewhat self-sufficient with the 'Tour because I'd rather pull out my own fingernails than deal with my Ford dealer's service department. I hate to say it, but I'm guessing the Contour will have gone to the big garage in the sky long before we'll have to pay for a major repair on the Sonata.

Toreador Red 96 Contour GL Zetec 4 Cylinder, ATX Alloy Wheels No Modifications "There's such a fine line between stupid and clever." -David St. Hubbins, "This is Spinal Tap"