Originally posted by MarkO:
No they didn't. I have replaced the water pump (precautionary), front and rear sway bar links and have to change the handbrake cable on my car. My gearbox is on it's way out. All this with ~54k on the clock. Many other CEG's have hada lot more problems than I.

My previous car had 102k on the clock and apart from oil/filters/plugs/pads/discs required no other repair other than a burst shock from a pothole.

There again, that was a german car, not a UAW hack job.

I am a mechanic by trade, and I have replaced like 6 or so waterpumps this year in VW New Beetle/ Jetta cars that had LESS than 75k miles. They ALSO have plastic impeller. One of the New Beetles I did, got so hot that it melted the plastic thermostat housing cover too. So you see, it really doesn't matter who builds the car. They are ALL trying to save money. I even see a lot of the German's truly good ideas implemented onto many Ford cars too.

PS- If your previous car was so good, why don't you sell your Mystyque and buy another one of those like you had?

'95 CONTOUR SE -Enkei 16s -SVT wannabe -Dual escapes w/ 2 1/2" stainless tips -True LED taillight conversion -Audi Xenon Projector Retrofit -Mp3 deck, dual 10s