Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
That's cool Qbert, we'll catch ya another time. So we've still got two...Beowulf and Sleeper. Is 9:00 alright to meet?

'98 SVT Contour, in at least 639 pieces 4 Speed MTX...synchro and shift fork replacement in progress
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
My passenger side front brake rotor has decided to warp on me.
I will be unable to go canyon carving this weekend.
I guess I'll finally have to put my new front brakes on.

Frank McCoy aka Mod-deth aka Mid Life Crisis aka SVT Doood aka mcgainer is a SCAM ARTIST Pre98 Zetec - Some Mods
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by shotwell:
That's cool Qbert, we'll catch ya another time. So we've still got two...Beowulf and Sleeper. Is 9:00 alright to meet?

I can do 9:00.

It is just me and you?

2000 Contour SE Sport Originator of the Beowulf Headlight Mod and the Beowulf CAI
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Looks like it Beowulf. Let's keep the same meeting place and everything in case anyone else decides to show up. Even if they weren't going on the run it would be nice to see some more cars. Everyone is welcome...come on out!

'98 SVT Contour, in at least 639 pieces 4 Speed MTX...synchro and shift fork replacement in progress
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
If you want to meet me somewhere farther south (I live in Auburn) and then caravan up to Mt. Vernon together, that would be good.

2000 Contour SE Sport Originator of the Beowulf Headlight Mod and the Beowulf CAI
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Sorry I didn't check the boards earlier. I was at PIR doing some drag racing. I guess we'll be meeting in Mount Vernon. See you then!

Mike

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I didnt get back to it either...I waited until 10AM...you didnt show so I did the run solo.

The Weather was perfect and traffic was light. I enjoyed myself.

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Sucks that I couldn't make it too. If I had a cell phone I would have given you the number...oh well. Damn ricers ruined my whole weekend! Good thing I got off though. Getting my car towed would have REALLY sucked.

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
You missed a beautiful drive. I hope I find an explaination of the "ricers" comment somewhere.

BTW, people that do not know what they are doing should not be allowed to do work on my equipment this late at night.

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
The "ricers" comment had to do with what happened to me on the way up. I was going up I-5 just short of Olympia at about 6:45 when 10 or 12 cars caught me like I was standing still. I was going 75 or 80 MPH, they were easily doing 120 plus. I was in their way (I was passing a semi truck) so they were all trying to get around me...it wasn't pretty. No sooner had these guys shown up then State Troopers start appearing out of nowhere. Some came out of the rest area we were passing at the time, some were waiting. We all got pulled over. Only three of the little b***ards got past me, so everyone else was behind me on the side of the road. The police took down all of our license numbers and started at the back, dealing with one car at a time. Three of them had been towed by the time they got to me, over an hour later! They were all souped up "ricer" cars, you know the type. The cops were pretty puzzled when they started to talk to me. Seems I didn't fit their stereotype. I didn't have an import car and I wasn't a kid with a backwards hat on. I'm 27 and quite plain looking actually. One officer was raking me about not having my front license plate on the bumper, also my lack of proof of insurance (just switched to USAA). They of course took their time running my license and everything while I tried to explain that I was not involved. After a while they went up to the next car while another officer stayed and talked to me. He was much more rational than the others. After a bit of talking he handed me back my license and said, in a nutshell, we don't know if you were invloved or not, but none of these guys seem to know who you are so we're letting you go. By this time it was well after 8:00, so I stopped and hit the restroom at the next exit. There wasn't any possibility of me making Mount Vernon anywhere near 9:00, so I headed out to Spokane via I-90. Sorry I couldn't meet you Beowulf...I'll catch you on the next run I guess, maybe sooner.

What are you talking about when you say, "people that do not know what they are doing should not be allowed to do work on my equipment this late at night?" I must have missed something here.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  kerrychin_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard