Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
#463997 11/15/02 01:09 AM
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Champagne96GL:
My dream car is a '71 cuda w/ hemi and a shaker hood in either plum crazy purple or competition yellow , I guess I will be dreaming for a long time haha, but I have wanted one since I saw one on shadetree mechanic when I was around 10 yrs old

Don't steal my dream car, bat rastard lol Ahhh gotta love those HEMI engines, and the style of the Cuda, nothing fits more perfectly together than that...

~*TJ*~ 97 GL Sport Zetec MTX ~*RIP*~ Connie~*1/21/02* Sold the Zetec, now the prouud owner of an 01 VW GTi VR6 - Sold the GTI now have 97 Mustang Cobra
#463998 11/16/02 06:42 PM
L
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by SonOfABoss:

Actually Pontiac came out with the 1st pony car, the 64 GTO, then Mustangs, then Camaros... And I believe (correct me if I am wrong) the GTO was offered in 63 as an upgrade to the tempest (sp?)

OK now. The GTO is not a pony car, it does not fit the catagory. The GTO, Torino, Charger, Cyclones, Road Runners, GTX,... etc....are a different class of cars. They are moreoften refered to as musclecars. Pony cars are smaller cars usually 4 seaters, with engine options that ranged from mild to wild. They are called pony cars because of the mustang, and when Ford launched the Mustang there was nothing out there like it. But yes the GTO was an upgraded Tempest. The Tempest and GTO allways shared the same body.

....Brad Your mom thinks I'm hot!! But my wife rocks!! 99 Mestique Zetec ATX, 96 4Runner 5speed Mods? Um gotem. VFA-94VFA-122 VFA-115
#463999 11/19/02 08:42 AM
C
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
C
In reply to:

Originally posted by Rara:
I cannot believe you people, you have fallen, and fallen hard for the classic troll!

I think it's the same as when someone gets month old carton of milk out of the fridge, smells it and recoils in horror, then tells me to smell it to see if it's bad. I know I shouldn't smell it, but I just can't help myself. I know I shouldn't feed the trolls, that it only encourages more trolls, but I just can't help myself. I think I need help.

LMAO!!! So true..

-Ken V. 1998.5 SE Praire Tan Zetec ATX psycho_bass@hotmail.com Roush springs Roush rear sway bar BAT struts 17" Millie Miglia HT3 and a ton of subtle asthetic mods
#464000 11/19/02 08:27 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
1) I agree with everyone here. Comming on to this site trying to have decent, civilized debate, with a name like FORDISTRASH.....You are so trippin if you think were going to take you seriously. Your entitled to your opinion,, but what comes down to it, you just badmouthing us becasue we like fords. And thats more disrespect than a debate.

2) I agree with You on one thing...There is no replacement for displacement. But remember one thing too....It also comes down to money. You can have a V8 Camaro and little cash and 4 cylinders will kick your a$$ all day. Why? Becasue they spent less on the car and put more in. Also if your "rich" and you buy a V8, you can do un godly things to it.....So If your "rich" (or even just well off), and you buy a Contour you can do pertty much what ever you want becasuse money talks ( well there ar limitations like how much punishment the block and other scientific things)So any way you place it...it comes to money. Which a lot of people today don't ahve a lot of.

So as you can see...We here make due with what we got and are proud of our cars. Ours may not be the fastest out there but there definitly some of the rarest! So the next time you see a Contour on the street think twice before you decided to race it...Cause you never know....it just might be me!

ROZZY
'99 SVT
KKM Cold air induction
MTX 75 Euro Spec. w/ Quaife TB LSD
Fidenza FlyWheel (11.6 pounds )
B&M Short Shifter
Lead Foot (20 More Horse Power lol)
Recent MODS:
MSDS Headers
Custom 3 inch exahust w/ dualmagnaflow mufflers (no cat)
Chip

3.0 SVT hybrid...all the fixens...Track/Race ready very soon!!!!!! 20,000 + miles
F
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by FLuiDSVT:
Mods......PLEASE make this thread go away!

!eh hem!

#464002 02/04/05 01:44 AM
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
honestly, why the hell did u take the time to fill out everything just to come on here and bad mouth us...your not wanted or welcome here so go away!

kevin m 98 T-red mystique gs zetec ATX | my ride |
#464003 02/04/05 02:09 AM
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by Locster:
Originally posted by SonOfABoss:

Actually Pontiac came out with the 1st pony car, the 64 GTO, then Mustangs, then Camaros... And I believe (correct me if I am wrong) the GTO was offered in 63 as an upgrade to the tempest (sp?)

OK now. The GTO is not a pony car, it does not fit the catagory. The GTO, Torino, Charger, Cyclones, Road Runners, GTX,... etc....are a different class of cars. They are moreoften refered to as musclecars. Pony cars are smaller cars usually 4 seaters, with engine options that ranged from mild to wild. They are called pony cars because of the mustang, and when Ford launched the Mustang there was nothing out there like it. But yes the GTO was an upgraded Tempest. The Tempest and GTO allways shared the same body.

actually there was something like the mustang when it was released...the barracuda. it actually beat the mustang to market but they didnt fare well in the A body models especially the 64-66 ones. its popularity all stemmed from the E body model,70-74. just a little more useless info.

99 csvt 68 cuda fastback 340 00 gp gtp (wife) 01 gs500
#464004 02/04/05 03:01 AM
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
There is more knowledge of cars on this ONE forum than all of your mullethead, f-body forums. Not everyone wants a camaro, TA. We all bought these cars for originality and style. Although there are quite a few on here that are pushing the same if not more horsepower than you beloved camaro or TA.
Once again:

-tropictour

2000 Contour SVT Tropic Green SHO Shop CAI Bassani 1999 Contour SE BAT Kit
#464005 02/04/05 03:02 AM
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
btw i just noticed the original post dates from this forum....why was this dug up??? and, why is it even in the dyno and drag section?

99 csvt 68 cuda fastback 340 00 gp gtp (wife) 01 gs500
#464006 02/04/05 03:26 AM
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by mystiquevltwin:
honestly, why the hell did u take the time to fill out everything just to come on here and bad mouth us...your not wanted or welcome here so go away!

Holy freaking 2 and a half year old post...

Did you dig this up on purpose...

Certainly it wasn't by searching. Nobody does that...

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard