Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
#463957 10/23/02 03:02 PM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Its a Ford re-enginered BMW power plant.
Still, its a Ford car.

Frank McCoy aka Mod-deth aka Mid Life Crisis aka SVT Doood aka mcgainer is a SCAM ARTIST Pre98 Zetec - Some Mods
#463958 10/23/02 03:03 PM
O
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
O
Since you're talking souped up Camaro... how about the Jun Supras or Top Secret Supras? Now there are two fair comparisons. The Akira Supra top speed was 249.292mph, out of a hellbent 6... that still looks like a street Supra

Do a quick search on the net on the Supra, there are streetable Supras (STREET LEGAL) capable of pulling 8's and 9's. Fastest SS TT i've seen pulls the same out of a v8. The Supra does this out a i6.

But that's not important.

You need to lay off the crack. Have you gone to every other board and proficized you BS yet? Go tell the Honda and Nissan people or the IS300 folks. If people like you are effective in your message I can think of several Drag Strips closing down due to lack of business.

Get over it man, you're all too emotional ( <you) take a pill and chill. What did the Contour do to you? Did you lose a girl over it? Your dignity? Or where u mad because some Grocery getting 4 door beat some Camaro?

Don't get all butt hurt because one or two Contours want to check how they're car is performing at your strip. Give me another institution that provides this at a good cost.

MY NEW HOBBY...RUINING CHRIS CROFTS LIFE...
#463959 10/23/02 03:36 PM
W
Back In Black
Back In Black
W
Originally posted by Sleeper:
Its a Ford re-enginered BMW power plant.
Still, its a Ford car.

I think you need to do a little more research there

try this site for starters: McLaren Cars, LTD.

The car was designed by Gordon Murray & Ron Dennis and built completely inhouse @ McLaren with the exception of the BMW powerplant.

-Mark

1999 Black-N-Tan SVT Contour #291 Check out CD338.com:: The Premier Ford Fusion Site!
#463960 10/23/02 05:04 PM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I was under the impression that the motor had some rework done by Ford, guess I was wrong.

But I was just making a point about the cars.

The McLaren F1 is a Ford that from the factory will whoop @ss on any Camaro from the factory.

Sorry for any details I got wrong.

Frank McCoy aka Mod-deth aka Mid Life Crisis aka SVT Doood aka mcgainer is a SCAM ARTIST Pre98 Zetec - Some Mods
#463961 10/23/02 06:12 PM
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
You missed the point - a McLaren F1 is a McLaren, not a ford.

97 Contour SE MTX K&N 3530, UR UDP, 19# Injectors, mystery mod, FMS wires, Fordchip.com chip, SVT: TB, Flywheel, clutch, exhaust 04 Grand Caravan SXT
#463962 10/23/02 06:26 PM
M
I am Canuckian
I am Canuckian
M
Hasn't anyone ever told you guys not to feed the trolls? That said the key reason I have a Conout is for the 170 hp v6 matted to the (heres the key) MTX. Most car manufactures in North america don't offer this combo now and day, and sadly nor does Ford anymore. Unless you move to the Lincoln LS. I really don't know what my next car will be as a result of this but I'm guessing I'll be moving to some foreign car like a BMW or something.

Green 96 mystique gs 4cyl mtx 16.9 in the 1/4 mile @102500 miles 95SE in Midnight Red MTX MSDS headers and y-pipe SVT exhaust SVT UIM Optimized se TB. Full pre 98 SVT body kit 15.741 @ 87.73mph :)
#463963 10/23/02 06:30 PM
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
In reply to:

Once again i see the IQ from some of you shooting through the roof(heavy sarcasm implied) try making a point, it doesnt take any intellegence to diss someone with different views as you. Raising a little mayhem is a good way to learn things you dont know (i.e. i didnt know about that boss mustang nor was i aware that shelby wasnt always with ford, altough i think he always used thier powerplants).

Raising mayhem appears to be your whole goal when you show up out of nowhere to insult us on our own forum. We call that trolling. Perhaps you are moving around the net with some noble intent to convince others that your opinion is correct, but this does not appear to be the case when you make statements (quoted below) such as your opening post and subsequent posts. You are either inciting conflict or are very thick-headed in thinking you are making intelligent conversation. Then AFTER you make these statements you attempt to convince us that you wanted intelligent discussion. I would say more and argue many intelligent points, but you will throw up even more examples of hearsay about cars don't even own, citing facts you can't properly support, or siting facts that are outright wrong.
I almost feel like I am wasting my time explaining to you why some of us won't take the time to argue with you, but then this in itself is an argument. So I guess you could say I am responding to the only intelligent argument that you made, the fact that we resorted to expletives. So far nothing else merrits all the attention you are getting so if you want to make a good point, take some time and write an essay to post that we can read.

warmonger

In reply to:

except for certian classic cars from ths sixtys fords lick the male lower extremity.

In reply to:

So pease get your family, soccor mom, almost mini van, grocery getters off of the track.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
#463964 10/23/02 07:44 PM
F
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
F
Wow....Can't say much after reading this.....Dissing fords huh....Better stay away from My Family! LoL... You mention chevy's interchange ability.....well....True, a lot of parts interchange and even sometimes between a bbc and a sbc....But Fords are about the same. Plenty of windsors with cleveland heads.....Hell.....a 302 and a 351 have the same bore!! Machine work is amazing....And my STOCK 351W block will have no problem running 6" CHEVY rods!!.....Go to your local dragstrip and park your self behind the burnout box....Bend over and take a nice look at all the rearends under those "camaro's or any chevy that puts down decent power....What kind of rear is under there.....I bet 9/10 are FORD 9"s or some sort of fabricated Ford 9" rear. You have no point mr fordistrash....so leave...or get some proff that your "opinion" is better the mine/fords.

If you don't want to leave, post your IP and I will make sure you go away!

#463965 10/23/02 09:23 PM
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
why do I drive a Contour?

I think it is because I can take it to the strip run a sub 15 sec 1/4, after that run it at an auto-x and take home a top 3 finish in my class. After that, load up the wife and kids and take it on vacation. Getting 25+ mpg, fit all of our luggage in the trunk, and also get all of those long stares and positive comments. "No way that's a Ford!" or "There's is a Ford I'd drive." Just to name a few. So if I had a Z28/SS camaro it could only do ONE of those things better than my lil ol Contour...beat it at the drag strip. Am I missing anything?

-neal

99 SVT ~ Silver Frost ~ #2621 mods? a few...
#463966 10/23/02 10:29 PM
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
The reason he doesn't see contours at the track is because we don't have a track here I know this guy...lol anyway yeah in bismarck we have no tracks except for the airport scca autocross everynow and again but anyway my thoughts on this entire post
peace

Alan 93 Acura Integra LS 5spd Horizon Gray Metallic ------------------------- -96 Gl Zetec ATX- Totaled as of 11/29/03 at 4pm Champagne Metallic CC Pics
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard