Originally posted by fordistrash:
bracket racing can be done with any car the same with autocross. The racing i am talking about is the more nostalgic raw horsepower man PLUS machine VS. man PLUS machine where mechanic skill (weather it be the factory engineer or the backyard mechanic) is also a factor. To clear up any missconceptions i myself dont own a chevy. I am still interested in this mythical contour which beat a Z28. One more thing, a valid arguement does not include Bar Dar contour good Chevy bad you are stupid i beat chevy therfor it is bad (try coming up with a point, it wont kill you i promise)(that last comment was not directed at everyone, you know if it was directed at you)

The hotest club in racing is the SCCA, might want to tell them their mechanic skill is lacking. Some of us like to turn corners... even GM owners do it sometimes. I've even seen Camaros and Mustangs (yes, even the Z28's and GT350/500/Boss which all came to be because of Trans Am series ROAD RACING) all misused to turn corners apparently.

There are some things a Contour can't do well as a dedicated drag car, but it is fast enough to be fun at the drag strip. I've been accused of spraying to win against cars I *shouldn't* have beat... still hasn't been anybody that can find NAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWSSSSSSSSS on my baby... I do well because Duratec parts swap in place of other Duratec parts...

I, for one, will miss the GM pony cars. It's just to bad that more HP couldn't fix what was wrong with it in time to save the GM vs. Ford era.

BTW, what DO you own?

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."