"I think this whole right hand turn thing is BS."

Sorry but I do not. I talked to alot of racers, SVE people etc about this. Too many cases involving basically right offramps. Not quick right turns (not even soloII) but typically long sustained right sweepers with high RPMs and a flicker of low oil pressure light too late. This strongly suggests insufficient oil at the oilpickup. Yes, it does not occur everytime someone does this, may be a cummulative injury as Coors said, or involve the g forces attained , the angle of the road, the actual level of oil in the pan.

Solutions,
1) Accusump (probably best & most expensive). If I ran track I would do this.
2) Baffeled oil pan - Kit $125 from SHO -Shop. Best veiwed as partial protection. Under racing conditions still had some oil pressure flux without Accusump but baffels reduced it.
3) Just avoid high gs & RPMs on long right offramps. Short hard right turns are fine, but 5-10 sec of 1.0g+ could cost a motor.

The other issue involving spun bearings is crank whip (see recent threads re "dual mode damper"). This is for the ones that did not involve high gs. Separate issue with a different but effective solution.

Dont shoot the messenger, dont like it any more than you but with the appropriate fixes the Duratec should be "dura"ble. Or you can blow me off and ***** & moan. wink

1999 Amazon Green SVT Contour (#554/2760)
Stock SVT Duratec V6 with:
Intake- K&N filter/75mm MAF meter
Exhaust- MSDS Y-pipe/Bassani catback
Durability-Ford "dual mode" damper, Mobil 1/K&N oil filter
179.2 FWHP at 6900 RPM